HE-5LE Roll Call
Mar 31, 2010 at 6:10 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 35

tvrboy

1000+ Head-Fier
Yo, I'm pre-ordering the HE-5LE, who else is doing it? I'm gonna let replace my old model... somebody in the other thread said the woodies might increase in value after they are discontinued. I can't see that happening, with all the quality issues... so I will sell mine. I hope they won't be going for $900 in two months! I always seem to make the wrong timing...

Mar 31, 2010 at 6:33 AM Post #2 of 35
I'm giving this serious thought. I just wish Fang would give us a bit more info. I bought the HF-2 totally blind. I'd like to know more before pulling the trigger this time.

Mar 31, 2010 at 7:36 AM Post #4 of 35
Any more word on that? The revised version of HE-5's are coming out and LCD-2's have yet to be released
confused_face.gif

Mar 31, 2010 at 9:35 AM Post #5 of 35
Not yet, but seriously considering it.
Have had my eyes on the HE-5 for a while, but put buying on hold since I heard rumors about an upcoming LE version. There were some quality concerns as well.

Some more information from HE Audio would be nice.
smile.gif

Mar 31, 2010 at 10:24 AM Post #6 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by krmathis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Not yet, but seriously considering it.
Have had my eyes on the HE-5 for a while, but put buying on hold since I heard rumors about an upcoming LE version. There were some quality concerns as well.

Some more information from HE Audio would be nice.
smile.gif

Not a rumor, but yes, more info would be nice.

Head-Direct.com | YUIN

"HE-5LE headphones will be released between April 15th to 20th. Retail price will be $699. Now we are doing preorder right now at $649. The first batch HE-5LE will be only 20 pcs. 30 days refund and 3 year free repair warranty (customer will pay shipping cost)."

Mar 31, 2010 at 10:33 AM Post #7 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by IPodPJ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Not a rumor, but yes, more info would be nice.

So it has not been a rumor?
In that the talk since last year about a HE-5LE in the working have been based on facts and not rumors. Guess I have missed out of the official information stating that then...

Until yesterdays post by Nankai about preordeing that is.
http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f87/he...eorder-480344/

Mar 31, 2010 at 10:34 AM Post #8 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by baka1969 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm giving this serious thought. I just wish Fang would give us a bit more info. I bought the HF-2 totally blind. I'd like to know more before pulling the trigger this time.

Yeah me too. But I've never "pre-ordered" a luxury item before, so I wanna do that just once in my life. Feels like I'm a bigshot that I can buy something without even seeing it
biggrin.gif
Besides, I'm selling the old one, so i'm only spending $200 max.

KRmathis, you should get one... it's an excellent headphone! I'm glad I took a chance on it.

Mar 31, 2010 at 1:59 PM Post #9 of 35
Pre-ordered!
I don't know yet if I will sell my well-loved HE-5, but since I like their sound so much and since I have never been disappointed by Head-Direct/HiFiMan's products so far (I understand some have..) I decided to take advantage of the 50$ discount rather than wait for impressions/comparisons. But I agree more info would be appreciated.

I hope Head-Direct kept the same wood enclosure, not so much for the look/quality feel, but because it would be impossible for my GF to notice I bought another pair of headphones...

Mar 31, 2010 at 3:59 PM Post #11 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by gopack87 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Does anyone know if they will do a combo deal( EF5 amp and HE5LE together)?

You might as well e-mail head direct. They are super responsive to e-mail. NEver hurts to ask...

Mar 31, 2010 at 4:10 PM Post #12 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by calvinjai /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The revised version of HE-5's are coming out and LCD-2's have yet to be released
confused_face.gif

i was thinking of that too. the LCD2 is definitely off the map for now. also, it's not a good thing that a revised HE5 is coming out so soon. makes it seem like the first was not a finished/fully tested product. makes me think of the Jade. there were about 4 versions of that headphone all within a short period of time and it's unclear whether it is even available anymore. speaks volumes about the quality of these products.

Mar 31, 2010 at 4:41 PM Post #13 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by vcoheda /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i was thinking of that too. the LCD2 is definitely off the map for now. also, it's not a good thing that a revised HE5 is coming out so soon. makes it seem like the first was not a finished/fully tested product. makes me think of the Jade. there were about 4 versions of that headphone all within a short period of time and it's unclear whether it is even available anymore. speaks volumes about the quality of these products.

That's normal with stuffs from Head-Direct or China in general. Several revisions right after the release. It's more like a fix than a upgrade from former ones. The same things applied to the HM-801 and AmpPro (spelling?), a bunch of firmwares released.

Apr 8, 2010 at 4:33 AM Post #14 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by tvrboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yo, I'm pre-ordering the HE-5LE, who else is doing it? I'm gonna let replace my old model... somebody in the other thread said the woodies might increase in value after they are discontinued. I can't see that happening, with all the quality issues... so I will sell mine. I hope they won't be going for $900 in two months! I always seem to make the wrong timing...

im about 95% decided that if my deal with trying to get an he5/ef5 combo tomorrow falls through, that im just gonna pull the trigger on the LE's and a new EF5.

There are a few he5 originals for sale right now, but no used ef5's, and as long as i have to drop about 5 bones for the original ef5's and another 4 for the amp, i might as well just order the LE's

so thats the plan. If i dont get the deal, im gonna call head direct tomorrow. i called them today and they were closed, but later the woman called me from a restaurant ( i didnt even leave them a messge). it was too noisy and she was gonna call me later, but she never called back. anyway i have a big list of questions for them and once i get them answered, im making my decision.

either way im REALLY psyched!

so what do you guys think, should i just go for it and pre order or try my luck with the originals?

Apr 8, 2010 at 6:38 AM Post #15 of 35
preorder more expensive things are always better ! also try to get them to give you a deal on the amp . also if you don't like you can always sell at a small loss and buy old he-5s

Users who are viewing this thread

Back