HE-5LE Planar Driver Headphones Preorder
Apr 12, 2010 at 1:13 AM Post #16 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by [AK]Zip /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The connectors on the HE-5LE are exactly the same as the HE-5. You can see it is threaded with sides cut down. Will work the exact same way.

Now THAT is good news - I thought they were different. That means my very nice APureSound Balanced Cable could in fact be used on the LE
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Apr 12, 2010 at 11:33 PM Post #17 of 24
The pictures show no threads what-so-ever, more like a RCA connector. I guess we'll find out in a couple of weeks.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zoide /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nankai: Any chance that the new headband will be smaller than the current one? The HE-5 are too big for me even on the tightest position, so I always have to wedge something between the headband and the top of my head...

I max out my HE-5's. Could use a little more room. This confirms my theory that biger head means more brains, except with linebackers
very_evil_smiley.gif

Apr 12, 2010 at 11:42 PM Post #18 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by immtbiker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I max out my HE-5's. Could use a little more room. This confirms my theory that biger head means more brains, except with linebackers
very_evil_smiley.gif

EHEM! I beg to differ
biggrin.gif

And seriously, this has never happened to me before with other headphones...

Apr 13, 2010 at 1:46 AM Post #19 of 24
I have my R-10's, used to be K701's, HE-5's, 02's, SR-Lambda Pros, ESW-10's, etc. all maxxed out. I don't have that large of a head. I'm going with the "top of the head to ear position ratio" theory.
I was on of the only people who needed a medium in the Qualia 010's.

It is one of my crosses to bear. When it comes to motorcycle and mtn. bike helmets, I only use a "large". Not an extra large, or XXL. I only weigh 180 lbs.

Apr 13, 2010 at 4:42 AM Post #20 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by immtbiker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The pictures show no threads what-so-ever, more like a RCA connector. I guess we'll find out in a couple of weeks.

I confirmed with Fang a few weeks ago about the connectors being used are the exact same screw type as the HE-5. If you look closely you can see the thread in the picture.

I should have my HE-5LE's next week so I can confirm then for sure.

Thanks,
Alex

Apr 13, 2010 at 7:56 AM Post #21 of 24
Quote:

The HE-5 are too big for me even on the tightest position, so I always have to wedge something between the headband and the top of my head...

pics!
evil_smiley.gif

Apr 13, 2010 at 8:10 AM Post #22 of 24
Quote:

Nankai: Any chance that the new headband will be smaller than the current one? The HE-5 are too big for me even on the tightest position, so I always have to wedge something between the headband and the top of my head...

(this is so embarrassing! hehehe :p )

orly with the original pads first 20 headphones i leave it all the way open but they ripped then i fixed them, also got new pair and they are much smaller and flatter not opening them up with those pads on

Apr 13, 2010 at 3:31 PM Post #23 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by rhythmdevils /img/forum/go_quote.gif
pics!
evil_smiley.gif

Haha, no way

Apr 17, 2010 at 12:18 AM Post #24 of 24
Question for Nankai: It is my understanding that the EF-5 was voiced especially to synergize with the HE-5. Also, I take it that the HE-5LE sounds different from the HE-5. Does that mean that the EF-5 won't synergize as well with the HE-5LE?

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back