HE-560 vs HE-500: Weight and TMJ
Jan 3, 2015 at 8:11 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Avi

100+ Head-Fier
I wear headphones hours at a time at work (3, 4, 5, sometimes more). I have a pair of HE-500s which I like a lot, but I find that the weight really exacerbates my TMJ to the point that I cannot use them any longer, and will probably have to sell them.  I have not had this issue with my Beyerdynamic DT-990s, and while I haven't worn my Denon AHD-7000s for that long at a time, their weight and clamping force is similar to the Beyers, so I do not see them causing this issue as well. In the experience of those who own the HE-560, how are they in relation to the HE-500s vs. for example, the Beyers? I'd rather not lay out that amount of money for the HE-560s if in a few months I will be in pain and unable to use them.

Thank you.

Jan 5, 2015 at 9:45 AM Post #2 of 2
:bump:

I know I can directly compare the weights of the various headphones. I am looking for comments from head-fiers who have owned both the HE-500 and HE-560 to compare how they feel on their head, and if possible, for 560 owners to compare the 560 with other headphones they have owned. Once again, thank you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back