HE-4XX Planar Repair advice?
Aug 27, 2019 at 4:08 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

DrivenKeys

Head-Fier
Hi everyone!

I just impulse-bought a Hifiman HE-4XX for parts on ebay. The decscription only said they're defective, with no further details. Here's my question:

I'm not experienced with planars; aside from broken wiring, what might be wrong with these?

Of course, I'd like to fix these, but I won't be disappointed if I can't. The pics looked decent, so at least I get a great shell for 50 bux. My Vali drivers are begging for an open can, if nothing else.

Aug 27, 2019 at 4:33 PM Post #2 of 4
Hi everyone!

I just impulse-bought a Hifiman HE-4XX for parts on ebay. The decscription only said they're defective, with no further details. Here's my question:

I'm not experienced with planars; aside from broken wiring, what might be wrong with these?

Of course, I'd like to fix these, but I won't be disappointed if I can't. The pics looked decent, so at least I get a great shell for 50 bux. My Vali drivers are begging for an open can, if nothing else.

Cable is the first thing I'd check because the HE-4XX is pretty bullet proof

Last edited:
Aug 27, 2019 at 6:04 PM Post #3 of 4
Cable is the first thing I'd check because the HE-4XX is pretty bullet proof

I really hope so. This looks like a returns reseller that put very little time into the listing. Just generic boilerplate description and hastily taken photos with factory packaging. I had just ordered a monoprice m565 as a personal bday gift, then ebay served me this listing I just couldn't resist. Must keep hopes in check...

Aug 27, 2019 at 6:40 PM Post #4 of 4
I really hope so. This looks like a returns reseller that put very little time into the listing. Just generic boilerplate description and hastily taken photos with factory packaging. I had just ordered a monoprice m565 as a personal bday gift, then ebay served me this listing I just couldn't resist. Must keep hopes in check...

I'll bet it's an easy fix and they are fantastic Headphones

Users who are viewing this thread

Back