HE-400i Build Quality
Mar 9, 2016 at 9:06 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

AV3Nguyen

New Head-Fier
After having been recommended the HE-400i here, I decided to jump on a used pair for 300 USD. However, they don't have warranty (apart from a 7 day return/refund period). I'm afraid that they might break and then I'd have no warranty. I could wait for a new pair to go down to a similar price (they were 300 on amazon in january, but they charge tax unlike where I got my used pair), but if their build quality is sufficient, I'd rather take a low risk and have them early. I can return a DoA pair, but I'm worried about long term durability. Hifiman says that the pair are refurbished and were "used for photos, reviews, or tried by customers and then returned." Can I expect quality like my brother's DT 880 Pro's which are still working perfectly fine sound-wise 4 years after he purchased them? I don't intend on being abusive to them in any way plus are going to be for home use, but at the same time, I'm not going to carry it around like a king.

TL:DR: Got used HE-400i's w/ no warranty. Good enough quality that I don't need it?

Thanks!

Mar 9, 2016 at 9:46 PM Post #2 of 2
I don't know about durability (which should be fine as long as you don't toss them), but longevity I think is a toss up. 

I just got mine about a few days ago so I can't comment all too much on longevity, but it should be fine as long you put some care into them like putting them back in a case or its box after use.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back