HE-400 with modi/asgard 2 or M-stage HPA-2(USB) or modi/M-stage HPA-2 no USB?
Sep 17, 2014 at 4:08 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

mslee03

New Head-Fier
Hi,

I realize the the asgard 2 vs m-stage has been a long celebrated debate. I have a question regarding the new M-stage with the upgraded USB DAC which doesn't seem to have much discussion when I looked. At the moment, I have the schiit stack modi/magni combo. However, I was to upgrade the amp to have the pre-amp options because I plan to get studio monitors. 

I am wondering which combination of the modi/mstage/asgard 2 would be most suitable for my needs paired with the HE400. 

I listen to mostly mp3s at 320 kbps off of iTunes and some flacs running out of my macbook. The genre of music I listen is mostly electronic music with strong emphasis on trance, deep house, and progressive house. I also listen to some acoustic, classic musics or just straight instruments on the side.

I am not most knowledgable dealing with the technical terms here. But I expect strong sound clarity, good soundstage, and deep punchy bass. 

So what you guys think? and what else do you think I could do improve my setup?

Sep 17, 2014 at 11:07 PM Post #2 of 2
The Asgard 2 is a heater. The amp in it runs full power even though you might not be using all that power. Otherwise, it is a great amp and worked very well with my HE-400s. I had the Asgard 2 paired with an ODAC. Now I have the Audio-GD NFB-11.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back