HDtracks Launches in Germany and the United Kingdom!!!
Sep 25, 2014 at 5:46 PM Post #17 of 19
As a regular user of hdtracks for over 2 years now, living the UK....I'm so disappointed now with this website....the price increase is unacceptable, whatever the corporate reason...and plainly not fair in comparison to the US. Not only that, but we are paying up to 50% more for a much poorer catalogue.....this can't be right!? I'm just grateful I already downloaded classics like Thriller, Buena vista social club, Time Out, etc before I'm not even able to view them anymore. Websites such as hdtracks, I'm sure, have done much to contribute to high res music and our passion for portable hi fi....but they have also benefited hugely by being supported by us loyal seekers of such quality music....so this seems like a dirty corporate slight of hand to us European members. I'm sorry to be very passionate about this but when I see a lack of fair play and inequality in life, it's hard to just stand back and accept it....we deserve better. :frowning2:

Mar 25, 2015 at 6:10 PM Post #19 of 19
I'm sorry to resurrect an oldish thread but the price difference between HDtracks.com and HDtracks.co.uk is rediculous. I have just looked up 'The Endless River (Delux)' by Pink Floyd and on the US site it is priced at $22.98 but on the UK site it is priced at £24.50. At the current exchange rate of 1.49 dollars/pound that would make the UK one equivelent to $36.51.

Who is it that decides what the price should be in different territories and that you cannot download an album from the US site if you live in the UK. All the politicians go on these days about the 'global economy', well maybe someone should inform the music industry and drag them into the 21st century.

OK, rant over, I feel better now.

P.S. I ended up getting the CD version instead. I'm willing to pay more for better quality but I'm not prepared to be ripped off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back