HDMI DAC available
Jan 10, 2010 at 3:05 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

renugaid

100+ Head-Fier
Jan 10, 2010 at 3:26 AM Post #2 of 4
Anything that takes HDMI in and pushes SPDIF optical out is alright with me - what its sonic capabilities are on the analog out connections is anyone's guess
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 10, 2010 at 3:34 AM Post #3 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by renugaid /img/forum/go_quote.gif
HDMI LPCM Dolby Digital To Multi-Channel/Optical Audio Decoder With Amplifier

This is funny "The decoded analog audio output from this device produces an accurate duplicate of sound which is bit-for-bit identical to the studio master".
Talking about bitperfect in the analog domain.
Anyway my comment:
Dolby truehd, Dolby digital plus, etc => HDMI : it's like the box is bypassed totally.
DTS, Ac3 etc => spdif/toslink : Software players can do this with any modern onboard soundcad(with AC3filter)
LPCM x channels => analog out : Fantastic, it's just your simple old dac after all, just with 8 channels
For $128 don't expect much
wink.gif

edit: Maybe it's good for AC3/DTS decoding for standalone players, if you have a receiver that can't decode them.

Jan 10, 2010 at 5:18 AM Post #4 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by devast /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This is funny "The decoded analog audio output from this device produces an accurate duplicate of sound which is bit-for-bit identical to the studio master".
Talking about bitperfect in the analog domain.
Anyway my comment:
Dolby truehd, Dolby digital plus, etc => HDMI : it's like the box is bypassed totally.
DTS, Ac3 etc => spdif/toslink : Software players can do this with any modern onboard soundcad(with AC3filter)
LPCM x channels => analog out : Fantastic, it's just your simple old dac after all, just with 8 channels
For $128 don't expect much
wink.gif

edit: Maybe it's good for AC3/DTS decoding for standalone players, if you have a receiver that can't decode them.

look more towards the bottom, the bitstreamed HD codecs can be output through the analogue connectors as well. Probably only useful for older receivers that accept multichannel input and PC speakers tho.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back