HD800S-> Where do I go from here?
Jan 26, 2024 at 9:11 PM Post #31 of 33
I would really like to hear one in person before i take the plunge. the asking price is just insane for something I have no experience with. I am hoping to go to an audio convention to hear some, sometime this year. I actually even posted my Susvara to trade for a potential crbn system. I had come so close to getting estats after the launch of the eha5 as you said but I got cold feet after hearing the shut off issues. I am glad they work for you and I truly, hope I am able to get my hands on the CRBN system. One of the only things I'd trade for lol.

It took me a few days to get the shutoff issue to happen and as I said it was NOT listening to music, I played my bassiest songs with EQ and they worked fine but then with the volume very loud and EQ on I was watching YouTube and this very loud swooshing noise made it toggle on and off, the problem can be fixed but either turning EQ off or turning the volume down.

You can get a used Stax 717 for under $1,000 and some of the other Stax amps for <$500, the differences between amps are there but not that big of a deal. You can also get the Koss+amp for under $500 in the classifieds.

There is a reason the HE1 and Orpheus are estats, once you get them normal headphones sound boring.

Jan 26, 2024 at 9:51 PM Post #32 of 33
The problem with that is that people also say the opposite, that estats are boring and not worth the entry. Me personally, I am kind of done spending money on audio. I would swap systems, but I don't really want to spend anymore. I also don't really see the need for more than one summit headphone. Can't wait to hear a pair of estats tho!

Jan 28, 2024 at 9:59 PM Post #33 of 33
The problem with that is that people also say the opposite, that estats are boring and not worth the entry. Me personally, I am kind of done spending money on audio. I would swap systems, but I don't really want to spend anymore. I also don't really see the need for more than one summit headphone. Can't wait to hear a pair of estats tho!

I'm temped to trade my CRBN for the Susvara just to try it, but man the CRBN earcups are so comfortable the way they surround your ears, I think they are lambskin. I already have the Arya Organic and someone else was saying there are only minor differences between the Organic and the HE1000, and then only other minor differences between the HE1000 and the Susvara, I don't know if that is true.
It makes no sense to me that anyone could think that estats are boring unless they heard a bad estat out of a bad amp with bad pads.

Get this, when I got the Stax 007 and my first amp someone on reddit told me I basically wasted my money because they 007 would sound "lifeless and dull" on the amp I got......then they admitted they never heard the Stax 007 nor the amp I owned. Let me say that again, I had the Stax SR-007 mk2 on my head listening to some of my favorite songs, and this person, who had never heard them in their life, nor the amp was trying to tell me how they sound........lol.

Someone compared the CRBN to the HE1, I guess that is boring too lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back