HD800s mainly for the sofa
Jun 12, 2020 at 2:30 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

eskil

New Head-Fier
First of, I already own a pair of K712. I am looking for something similar, but better. I do not want something connected to a huge amp, which I only can use while sitting in a chair. For me headphones mostly gets used in the couch, bed at the hotel or in front of the computer. However, I am very picky about clamp force and sound quality. Headphones like all the main stream BT stuff with leather pads does not fit me at all. I want something with light clamp force and super comfort like the K712. Are HD800s the wrong headphones for me? I am thinking of using a IFi XSD or a chord mojo. I mainly listen to old jazz.

Also, how would they work with a AS2100?

Jun 13, 2020 at 4:20 PM Post #2 of 11
HD800 is one of the most comfortable headphones out there. Super light clamp.

IFi XSD or a chord mojo will work fine for it, though it will scale incredibly better with bigger heavier amps.

Jun 16, 2020 at 5:49 PM Post #8 of 11
Jun 16, 2020 at 6:02 PM Post #9 of 11
No, the mojo will underpower the HD800S, so it will obviously have LESS power than the Yamaha. Also, if you want lusher mids and warmer background on your jazz recordings, then get the HD800(S) leather ear pads here (these WILL NOT fit the HD820):

https://www.amazon.com/Replacement-Sennheiser-HD800-HD800S-Sheepskin/dp/B07MXB8XKQ
I don’t get that? According to specs, and what every review I have read said, the mojo has a loooot of power. Way more than Yamaha AS2100 headphone section?

Jun 16, 2020 at 6:22 PM Post #10 of 11
I don’t get that? According to specs, and what every review I have read said, the mojo has a loooot of power. Way more than Yamaha AS2100 headphone section?

One obvious sign is that the chord mojo is battery powered and the Yamaha is plug-in only. Yes, I have heard the mojo before and it does not have that much power. However, the power is very clean.

Jun 16, 2020 at 9:29 PM Post #11 of 11
One obvious sign is that the chord mojo is battery powered and the Yamaha is plug-in only. Yes, I have heard the mojo before and it does not have that much power. However, the power is very clean.
I agreed. One small thing about Chord's portable device is that their amps are not so great, but dacs are perfect. I saw someone disassembled a mojo and it simply works on a voltage-control IC. Not a normal amp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back