HD800 with HD600/650 foam mod
Aug 1, 2014 at 2:19 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Hal X

100+ Head-Fier
Hi everybody.I'm an owner of both HD800 and HD600 and I love them. I like stock HD800s very much but I've always found them a liiiitle bit sibilant (and/or artficial sounding), even tough I find them perfect at almost everything.  Yesterday I decided to try to mod them a bit, but I didn't like anax mod because I thought there could be a better way to tame ringing/7k peak. Thus I took the foam from my HD600s and put it over HD800s drivers, with their own stock foam over everything else. Omg the result is really wonderful! Now I find them really perfect! I don't hear any sibilance anymore and they have a ore HD600ish quality, retaining all the technicalities and detail (they only feel maybe a little less airy, but I feel them also to be now more sweet , natural and neutral with an improvement in background silence and realism).
Just wanted to share if you guys wanna try, very easy mod completely reversible.
If you want to buy the foam, type "Sennheiser HD545 / HD565 / HD580 / HD600 / HD650 Inner Discs Pair", I found it for about 6£ (shipping not included).
Cheers

Jan 22, 2015 at 12:56 AM Post #2 of 2
Yes, this is very simple and effective way to tame the treble of HD800, with more bass. I use the foam disc from DT880 with the hole in the center, like donut. I don't understand why this mod is not very poplular among headfiers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back