HD800 pricing?
Sep 24, 2009 at 11:36 PM Post #31 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by wink /img/forum/go_quote.gif
GAZZA.
I'd like to know where you got that info from.
Syntec still don't have the HD800 on the Sennheiser Headphones section.
They do have them advertised, but that's all.
Syntec have them in storage awaiting enough arriving to satisfy the dealers all getting one to demo.
This is stop dealers complaining as to why some other dealer got one and they didn't.
You cannot buy one from any retailer in Australia.

They are 100% out and available in some stores. Call Syntec and they will tell you of the closest dealer to you who have the 800s for demo.

Sep 25, 2009 at 4:51 AM Post #32 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by myk7000 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
lol, what crawled up this kid's hole?

Anyhow, how long did the senn 650 retain it's retail price? I have a feeling it would be similar in terms of time frame with the hd800. The question is, when a markup does happen, will it be substantial due to the initial price of this headphone, or will it be around a hundred or so dollars at most?

It was a bit of a rollercoaster ride with the HD650 as I recall. I remember it came out in October or so and in January I got a pair from Audio Advisor for $330 shipped which was a really good deal. Shortly after that though Sennheiser started cracking down on the large online discounts and prices went back up. Given the niche product that it is, it would not surprise me that the price stays the same for a good while. I wonder what the pricing schemes over time were for other flagship cans like the R10...

Sep 25, 2009 at 6:14 AM Post #33 of 35
Gazza,
I must apologise, I just rang Syntec and they said there are three places to hear them in Sydney. Len Wallis in Lane cove, Audio Solutions in Botany, and some other one they could not recall.
How's this for service,
I left a phone number with Syntec so they could contact me when the HD800's were released, I left an email on their website for them to contact me, and I gave my mobile no to one of their dealers who was going to contact Syntec and let me know what the status quo was. All to no avail. Great service, I must say.
The retail price is A$2399, which, with the a$ being US$0.875, that's pretty expensive.

Sep 26, 2009 at 4:22 AM Post #34 of 35
Quote:

Gazza,
I must apologise, I just rang Syntec and they said there are three places to hear them in Sydney. Len Wallis in Lane cove, Audio Solutions in Botany, and some other one they could not recall.
How's this for service,
I left a phone number with Syntec so they could contact me when the HD800's were released, I left an email on their website for them to contact me, and I gave my mobile no to one of their dealers who was going to contact Syntec and let me know what the status quo was. All to no avail. Great service, I must say.
The retail price is A$2399, which, with the a$ being US$0.875, that's pretty expensive.

That price is as I have stated on many occasions{far to many times for some}is a blatent rip-off.
The only way to put an end to this exorbitant pricing is for NO-ONE to buy them.
For the US contingent here it equates to $2075us dollars,what a joke,there should be a nationwide boycott of all Senn's products.

Sep 26, 2009 at 7:52 AM Post #35 of 35
Quote:

Gazza,
How's this for service,

You can always hop a plane and come up here. The last quote I got was $12000 HKD ($1400 USD, nice) but I have not found them in stock yet. I was told that a shipment did come in to the stores here but they are not sold out. I should stop by the shop again and ask them if they are in yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back