HD800 pads - Where in Australia?
Jan 6, 2015 at 7:23 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Zorander

Headphoneus Supremus
HI all,

Looking to replace my current pads as they feel quite thin and seem to affect the sound quite a bit.

A quick search yielded the below links:frowning2:in order of increasing price):

http://www.custom-cable.co.uk/official-sennheiser-hd800-replacement-earpads-ear-cushions.html
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sennheiser-Genuine-Original-534411-pads-black/dp/B008XI7ABS

I'd appreciate it if you can advise of any cheaper options as these are pretty pricey for merely ear pads.

Cheers!

Jan 6, 2015 at 11:56 PM Post #2 of 8
I'd appreciate it if you can advise of any cheaper options as these are pretty pricey for merely ear pads.

Looks like nobody warned you about the realities of many brands earpads; the prices are just about right. Did you contact the Australian distributor? If you get it from them you might at least save on shipping fees. 

Look on the bright side - at least you can get them without difficulty. The Philippine distributor for example is a total piece of Schiit - one time I called up to ask about HD600 earpads, they don't stock them, they'll order but the earpads will hitch a ride with a shipping crate full of their next batch of products (ie they have no idea yet when that would be). Then just last year they set-up a Sennheiser concept store in a mall, they didn't have any earpads (they didn't even have eartips for the IEMs), but the sales staff there gave me a number to call at their office. I called up, whoever that idiot was who answered the phone sounded absolutely flabbergasted that somebody had the gall to ask for spare parts for products that they were selling, and then said he'd go look for someone else in the office who might know what the heck I'm talking about. After about five minutes of ambient office sounds, I heard a click, and the line was dead. I called again 10minutes later, nobody answered. Kept doing that for the rest of the day, nobody answered. 

At that point you'd think I'd just order straight out from, say, Amazon, B&H, or any other Sennheiser distributor, but here's the thing. After the first time that I tried with the local distro, I already knew about a guy who got charged by Customs Agents import tariffs worth more than the capacitors and other spare parts that he ordered (a clause in the law basically says, "Agents have the right and authority to call B.S. on your Customs declarations"), and Senn USA told me they didn't want to impinge on another distributor's territory. What I then did was have my brother order from Senn USA, he received it in California, then he used a shipper that he had access to over there which only doesn't have as high a risk of getting Customs opening packages or slapping on import duties beyond what you pay when you ship (he even included a photocopy of the receipt).

Anyways, sorry about the long rant, but basically my point is you might not have an idea that you're still having a much easier time replacing earpads than a lot of other people.

Jan 7, 2015 at 4:58 AM Post #3 of 8
Hi,

I'm quite aware how much earpads can cost, having owned the headphones in my profile (feel free to take a peek...). I still have a hard time even now swallowing the prices they demand but the HD800 pads are a new high for me at about 50% more than the HD6xx ones.

I acknowledge availability is rarely an issue here in Australia. My issue is the exorbitant price we pay locally (versus importing). Admittedly I did not check out the local distributor because of that very reason. I suppose there's no hard in calling them tomorrow to get a quote though I'm not holding much hope.

In the mean time, let's hear some more from members. :)

Jan 10, 2015 at 8:13 AM Post #4 of 8
I would contact Sennheiser spares and repairs in Chatswood and enquire the cost there. I actually wouldn't be surprised if they need to order it in themselves, if not, they might be able to guide you to a seller within Australia.

Website and contact details: http://en-au.sennheiser.com/contact-sennheiser-australia

Apr 22, 2015 at 4:43 AM Post #6 of 8
Hey Zorander :) Did you happen to solve your HD800 pad problem? I'm in a similar position and just curious what you went with in the end.

Apr 28, 2015 at 9:06 PM Post #7 of 8
Hi Poo,

I did get the below information. I have not bought any pads yet due to the price but hopefully this is useful to you:

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Email: service@sennheiser.com.au

The part is available to purchase, pricing and information below.

Part Number 534411

Description Earpads 1 pair

Purchase Price (RRP) $129.56 (Inc. GST)

Shipping Charge (per order) $10.00 (Inc. GST

Availability 2 – 3 weeks (ETA)

Headphone spare parts can only be purchased directly from Sennheiser Australia via telephone 1800 648 628, or can be purchased over the counter from Unit 3, 31 Gibbes Street, Chatswood NSW 2067, during business hours, Monday to Friday 9:00AM – 5:00PM.

We trust this information is of interest and if we can assist you further contact our Spare Parts Department on (02) 9910 6700.

Kind Regards

David Robertson

Technical Support – Customer Service

May 1, 2015 at 8:44 AM Post #8 of 8
Thanks man, but I'm trying the DIY route. The standard pads are rubbish. I know they're made of amazing materials blah blah blah, it's ****, they just fall apart and make a hell of a mess once they're (not all that) old. I just can't justify throwing so much cash at replacement pads that I know are so poorly made and don't last, plus my headband is in a terrible state now also so I'd really need to replace that too.

I'm half way through my DIY project to sort it out, currently using closed cell foam for slightly larger padding and am making soft leather coverings. If it all works out I should end up with a much nicer end product that lasts. In terms of sound from all the testing I've done so far, the sound is awesome - I just hope the leather work goes to plan and I'll be very happy! 

Thanks again for the info Zorander, if things go well I might get some photos up at some point - finger crossed :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back