HD800 DIY Connector Options?
Jul 27, 2010 at 1:07 PM Post #4 of 10
Lil' Knight - Thanks, I knew all the usual suspects to check. They all offer the stock connector (Cryo-Parts being Cryo'd though).   I thought I had read that someone was selling a slightly milled out version to make room for larger wire though. I also remember someone getting a black batch of them.  I have the APS ones that I thought were originally modified, but they are still a little on the tight side.

Jul 28, 2010 at 12:34 AM Post #5 of 10
The difference between them is in the screwed connector which is leftmost in this pic:

As you could see, the entry hole is very small (which is quite bad, in both meanings lol) and in most cases, you have to throw it away. The APS one is drilled (or machined, I'm not sure) so that it could support larger wire, which is much better and it could play a role as a strain relief. Warren Audio once said they got a black connector batch but I never saw a pic so can't help, sorry. Generally, the APS ones are just great and a little more convenient to work with.

Aug 3, 2010 at 7:36 PM Post #10 of 10
The smart thing to do is to give ODU a call.  As long as stuff is in stock they can sell you them in smaller quantities.  I was able to get a box of 20 pairs for $16 per pair roughly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back