Where can I buy these? All the normal places I go to don't even list them
frown.gif

Jun 27, 2009 at 5:29 PM Post #2 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by AronBas /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Where can I buy these? All the normal places I go to don't even list them
frown.gif

What country are you in? You don't say.

They are not available on the internet (except in the USA where your nearest dealer could be over 1,000 miles away).

Jun 27, 2009 at 5:35 PM Post #4 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by AronBas /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi,

Thanks for responding here and to my other thread
smily_headphones1.gif

I live in the South of France.

Ring Sennheiser France and they will tell you your nearest authorised dealer.

Jun 27, 2009 at 9:51 PM Post #5 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by John Willett /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ring Sennheiser France and they will tell you your nearest authorised dealer.

Hey, we live in the 21st century, where we prefer to write e-mails and order via internet.
wink.gif

Jun 27, 2009 at 10:41 PM Post #6 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by mopps /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey, we live in the 21st century, where we prefer to write e-mails and order via internet.
wink.gif

But you can't get the HD 800 on the internet in Europe and e-mails often don't get read or are deleted.
biggrin.gif

A phone call is fast and you get an immediate answer.
beerchug.gif

Jun 27, 2009 at 11:13 PM Post #7 of 15
I've emailed Sennheiser France and fortunately enough, I've got the reply.

They told me that it will be available in mid-july. and a price of 1000 euros pretax...

Which means a total 1200 grand euros...

However, they haven't specified any dealer yet. But it will be highly selective
wink.gif

Jun 28, 2009 at 5:43 AM Post #8 of 15
Quote:

phone call is fast and you get an immediate answer

That has not been the case with Sennheiser and the HD800 fiasco - both at the local office and in Germany (which I called a few weeks ago). I believe this is the source of most of the frustrations.

Jun 28, 2009 at 7:23 AM Post #9 of 15
Is there a reason why the french version is 200 euro more expensive than other EU countries using euro as well?

Jun 28, 2009 at 9:00 AM Post #11 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by hawat /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is there a reason why the french version is 200 euro more expensive than other EU countries using euro as well?

There is in fact no french version. It's only because the VAT in France is 19.6%. so 1000 * 1.196 = 1196 euros... God, if we can purchase that gorgeous phone from other EU countries~~~

Seriously, does anyone know any internet dealer in Europe ? like spain or the netherland ? I heard they are 1000 euros there.

Jun 28, 2009 at 9:07 AM Post #12 of 15
During the last 2 weeks I talked to my local Hifi Store here in Germany (Hifi Profis Darmstadt) and they told me that they had to sign a special contract.They had to be a premium seller for Sennheiser first,but they are.Since they signed the contract they are able to take preorders and they did.Now everytime I'm there we try to phone Senn to ask when they arrive,without any succes yet. I guess they first want everybodys contract to be signed and then release them Europe-wide. Greetz Ava

Jun 28, 2009 at 9:53 AM Post #13 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by xiaobao0707 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
There is in fact no french version. It's only because the VAT in France is 19.6%. so 1000 * 1.196 = 1196 euros... God, if we can purchase that gorgeous phone from other EU countries~~~

I bought the HD800 last week and paid circa 990 Euros, including 19% VAT. I don't get why other EU countries should pay more. If I were you, I would try to contact Sennheiser and demand explanation. John, could you shed more light on this pricing discrepancy?

Jun 28, 2009 at 10:17 AM Post #14 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by Karlosak /img/forum/go_quote.gif
John, could you shed more light on this pricing discrepancy?

Sorry, no I can't; this is outside my area and I don't have the knowledge - sorry.

It looks like the UK and France are the same - but that the Czech Republic and Slovakia are cheaper. But my area is technical and not sales, so I am out of the loop on pricing.

Jun 28, 2009 at 12:41 PM Post #15 of 15
Slovakia?
anyways the link I gave you guys- two stores in Austria sell those-999€ including VAT

Users who are viewing this thread

Back