HD6xx cable market prices
Mar 20, 2012 at 5:25 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Lumify

New Head-Fier
How much do the popular Sennheiser HD600 replacement cables sell for used, i.e. Equinox, Mobius, Cardas, and the Moon Audio cables? I've found that their advertised prices are often higher than the headphones themselves, but I don't see anyone actually selling the used cables for that much. For example, I've seen people sell the HD600 with a Cardas for less than the advertised price of a new Cardas. Everyone hides the cables' prices or sells them along with headphones, so I cannot get an idea of what they are worth alone.

Could an experience Head-Fi trader clear this up for me?

Mar 20, 2012 at 1:06 PM Post #2 of 4
Searching the cables classifieds = your friend

Mar 20, 2012 at 11:22 PM Post #3 of 4
It's really not my friend. Those searches are my enemy. All of the prices are removed after a sale. The only prices I could find were people selling the cables with headphones.

Mar 21, 2012 at 12:23 AM Post #4 of 4
Used audiophile equipment usually takes a dump of 20-30%. It has nothing to do with the quality of the equipment at all.

Usually people package the cables together with the headphones for a quick sell. Thats the only way I've acquired cables in the past, now I just buy them full price just because I enjoy everybody's products.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back