HD650's Broke, Need Suggestions for a Similar Replacement
Dec 5, 2011 at 2:35 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

EvilSoundGuy 7

Head-Fier
Hi everyone,

The plastic head band on my HD650's broke (for the second time) and I need to replace them. I use these headphones at work and put them on/take them off a bunch of times every day, which means the rigid plastic head band is not ideal. I really like the way they sounds though, so I was hoping I could get some suggestions for replacements.

Budget is 200 - 300ish. I actually just bought the Beyer DT990's (250) from B&H and they sound good, but I don't like them as much as the 650's. They're more detailed, but I prefer the 650's character. Thanks for the help!

Dec 5, 2011 at 2:55 PM Post #3 of 9

Quote:
Replace it with a Senn HD650, for it's price, it probably does it's own sound characterstic the best.

I would, but I know I'm just going to keep breaking the head band.

Dec 5, 2011 at 3:47 PM Post #6 of 9
Perhaps you should give the HD598 a go. I don't enjoy it as much, but under reasonable use, the headband should definitely not give you cracking problems. In all honesty though, the HD650 is a pretty special sound that is unique in its price range. To me, it is irreplaceable. Perhaps there is a modder somewhere who would be willing to swap out the original headband out for a more durable one. It wouldn't look as nice, but the sound would be the same.

Dec 5, 2011 at 5:37 PM Post #7 of 9
I take my hd-650's on and off probably 10 times a day average for 3 years.  Either your head is massive or you're doing it very wrong lol.

Dec 5, 2011 at 10:08 PM Post #9 of 9

Save up a few more pennies ~ LCD-2 ~ the eventual destination of most HD650 owners
biggrin.gif

Second hand, should cost you about the same as a new HD650, maybe $100 more or so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back