HD650 Upgrades?
Feb 25, 2008 at 12:49 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

KarateKid

100+ Head-Fier
To all the head-fi'ers out there who has experiences with the 650s. Are there any mini-upgrades one can get for these cans? By that I mean (obviously the cables) aftermarket ear pads, foams, headbands, etc, things that could possibly make them more comfortable or less veiled or lighter?

Feb 25, 2008 at 12:58 AM Post #2 of 4
If you remove the stock headband padding, you can add a beyerdynamic headband, which will improve the comfort. You can also get a replacement cable, or re-terminate them to a balanced configuration and use them with a balanced amp.

Feb 25, 2008 at 1:00 AM Post #3 of 4
removing the foam behind the drivers & in the cup.. the 650's lose the veil, becomes a bit brighter, while still keeping the warmth.. Detail increase is pretty big along with a wider sound stage.. The bass is less bloated..

Feb 25, 2008 at 1:06 AM Post #4 of 4
Yes I was wondering about that the removal of the foam component. Doesn't that introduce more dust and other things that may get into the driver? Maybe I should thin out the foam, will that help them the phones brighter if need be?

The worst thing about the HD650 is the clamping, they're much tighter on my head than say the 555. I guess nothing but time can fix this problem as the band slowly becomes loosened.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back