HD650 SS amp? What will 300$ get me?
Sep 10, 2007 at 12:37 AM Post #18 of 38
Hi Dutchess, i have tried the HD650 with two amp only but my result are really good. One is a tube amp, the Rudistor RP5.1 a 900$ amp approximately and my PPAv2 and it seem like the PPAv2 do a really nice job driving the HD650. Matter of fact if i didn't switch the tube of my RP5.1 to amperex buggleboy i would still prefer my PPAv2 for the senn. I heard that the PPAv2 is sounding a little better than the CK2III but that the CK2III can be built for lot less. So i would go for the CK2III if you can build one.

Sep 10, 2007 at 5:11 AM Post #20 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrew_WOT /img/forum/go_quote.gif
GLite and HD650 is a match made in heaven.
biggrin.gif

Don't know about that. I've heard that pairing (owned it for a while in fact!) and it is not worlds above any of the other pairings I have also heard.

Sep 10, 2007 at 5:19 AM Post #21 of 38
You won't have to change the tubes often in a hybrid, and IMO hybrids are a great match for the 650s. 650s + X-Can V3 produces some of the most enjoyable mids I've heard.

Sep 15, 2007 at 12:37 AM Post #23 of 38
I'm back to square 1 again, anyone else with suggestions, im open to tube amps too.

Sep 15, 2007 at 2:43 AM Post #25 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bozz_Keren /img/forum/go_quote.gif
what happened to your interest in DV 332i or X-Can V3?

Yeah I thought there was a DV 332 with lots of tubes for sale a few days ago for $300.

Sep 15, 2007 at 4:29 AM Post #27 of 38
looks like the Darkvoice and X-can fell through. The 332 fits the best, but pricing is difficult. How do the Canamps stack up to the others? Good synergy with grados too?

Sep 15, 2007 at 7:36 PM Post #28 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dutchess of York /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I want to avoid tubes for the same reason im avoiding vinyl, i don't want to be sucked down another financial hole, constantly replacing increasingly more expensive tubes.

I think you've been mislead about tube's useful life somewhere along the line. My MAD Ear + purist custom has been running on the same set of tubes for almost 4years now and I expect at least another 2yrs from them based on how much listening I do on them with my Sennheiser HD650. Sure you can go to town by buying all these different brands of tubes and do tube rolling, but if you take some of the learnings and advice from these forums, you should just be able to buy the tube amp and select the tubes you want and just settle back and enjoy.

Sep 15, 2007 at 7:41 PM Post #29 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dutchess of York /img/forum/go_quote.gif
looks like the Darkvoice and X-can fell through. The 332 fits the best, but pricing is difficult. How do the Canamps stack up to the others? Good synergy with grados too?

I've not heard the canamp, but there is a huge thread on this forum about the canamp

Users who are viewing this thread

Back