HD650 right ear stopped working!!
Feb 8, 2007 at 6:21 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Venro

Head-Fier
Last night, I put my macbook pro to sleep with my HD650s plugged in. This morning, I booted up my laptop with the HD650s plugged in, and for some reason, no sound is coming out of the right earpiece. I checked on other audio devices around the house and the right ear is silent on those as well. I didn't drop them, and they were working perfectly last night. What are my options right now? I am kind of freaking out here.

Feb 8, 2007 at 9:42 AM Post #3 of 5
If you've already checked the connection where the cable meets the earpiece, try plugging them into something that uses a full-sized headphone jack (hi-fi amp, receiver, etc.)

Maybe the little 3.5mm->6.0mm (or whatever that translates into for imperial..) cord is shot. Let's hope that's all it is...

Feb 8, 2007 at 9:50 AM Post #4 of 5
That's so sad to hear.
Maybe you can get in contact with Sennheiser or send them in for warranty.

Even if you are not the original buyer, you may still be able to send them in to have them checked out. GL, hope all ends well.

Feb 8, 2007 at 11:11 PM Post #5 of 5
Thanks for the replies guys.

I have unplugged and re-plugged the cords to both the ear pieces, and it didn't do anything. HOWEVER, when I plug in the left cord to the right earpiece and the right cord to the left earpiece, sound comes out of the (previously silent) right earpiece! So this leads me to believe it's a cabling problem.

Haven't tried a fullsize headphone jack yet, will do so when I get home. The headphones are like 3 years old, and are probably out of warrantee. I got them from TTVJ.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back