HD650 Problem
Apr 29, 2010 at 2:43 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

heiste

100+ Head-Fier
My headphone began to mess up yesterday for no apparent reason. The right driver refuses to produce sound anymore. when I move around a bot, the sound comes back. I have it plugged to my computer and have tested it on several outputs and still shuts out sound. I am thinking maybe the cable or driver is bad. If the driver is bad, why does sound come and go? Thanks for any inputs

Apr 29, 2010 at 2:56 PM Post #4 of 15
yeah, the right channel. btw, I just switched the connectors and now the left doesnt work. Looks like a cable problem. never knew cable would get bad like that. Anyways, kudos for the suggestion and glad it aint the phones that are bad.

Apr 29, 2010 at 3:27 PM Post #5 of 15
senn cables are a bitch, ive gone through 5 replacements. One thing to keep in mind is that the drivers can also come loose if you swap cables too much. Then you wont get any sound at all but it can easily be fixed by opening the back panel and carefully pushing the drivers back into position.

Apr 29, 2010 at 3:29 PM Post #6 of 15
Yea, I wonder if it is worth it to just purchase an aftermarket cable like the cardas or equinox?

Apr 29, 2010 at 8:27 PM Post #8 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by heiste /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yea, I wonder if it is worth it to just purchase an aftermarket cable like the cardas or equinox?

I got a real nice "Double Helix" cable for my 650s and I've been very happy with the results...IMO......check used cardas cables and all the others also!

Apr 29, 2010 at 8:38 PM Post #9 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by heiste /img/forum/go_quote.gif

It's not.

Apr 29, 2010 at 9:18 PM Post #11 of 15
It's still not worth the extra money, and as long as you don't abuse the cable it'll last.

Apr 30, 2010 at 1:18 AM Post #13 of 15
gbacic, Just a friendly question, why do you say that after market cables aren't worth it but I noticed in your Equip List you say you have HD650s' with cardas cable???? Do you still use your cardas cable?Maybe you could sell it to OP.......Or do you base your thoughts on cables be cause of dollars spent not worth those dollars? just wondering! If you think it's none of my business just say so.........

Apr 30, 2010 at 11:44 AM Post #14 of 15
^^ Yes even I would be interested to know.

I am an a****le with my equipment and my cable has been smashed at certain places when one of my chair legs landed on top of the cable. So I am afraid that my cable wont last me too much longer at this rate.

However I am divided whether its worth spending so much on an aftermarket cable and since gbacic owns one and still feels they are not worth it I am curious to know the reason why.

I hope you don't take any offense to my post. Its a genuine query.
smily_headphones1.gif

May 1, 2010 at 12:35 AM Post #15 of 15
You can buy a lot of stock cables for the cost of one "upgrade" cable. Abuse away I say.
That said, the Mogami I recommended earlier is tough as nails (it's mic cable for musicians)- your cat could chew it up and would probably still work....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back