HD650 muddy pls help...
Feb 4, 2012 at 6:31 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Kl7Music

New Head-Fier
Dear guys,

I just got Hd650 yesterday and it's just burn in about 15hrs. But it's sound so so muddy with my audio interface novation Nio. Or may be it didn't burn in 200 hrs. I bought it for music mixing but did I wrong now? Sound not clear, all sound hear like comes from middle. hav you experienced like that? I have read decent amp can make it better sounding. But what I'm afraid is most of review say 650 is better to music. Not for analytical.I just read it after I ordered it. Is it true? or how do I make my 650 to get analytical sounding can?

Feb 4, 2012 at 6:54 AM Post #4 of 8
Thanks for the inputs. I have read about 'veil' after I order it. Now I'm facing it's muddiness and waiting for 200 hrs to get burn in. Unfortunately the store I bought has no return policy. So burn in time + decent amp can make it more clear? Or should I save the money for new analytical sounding headphone? :frowning2:

Feb 4, 2012 at 7:05 AM Post #5 of 8
You can always try to remove the foam behind the pads and see if you like it more that way. 

It takes less than a minute and is very easy. Just pull the pads, don't worry they won't break, and the foam comes out with them. 

If you like it that way you can put a piece of your girlfriend's pantyhose to protect them from dust. 

Feb 4, 2012 at 7:22 AM Post #6 of 8

Quote:
Thanks for the inputs. I have read about 'veil' after I order it. Now I'm facing it's muddiness and waiting for 200 hrs to get burn in. Unfortunately the store I bought has no return policy. So burn in time + decent amp can make it more clear? Or should I save the money for new analytical sounding headphone?
frown.gif

There is no solution to your problem - you have bought a forgiving, playback audiophile headphone - it will
 never, ever suit your needs.

Sell now - get a HD600, DT880 (250ohm or 600ohm) , DT250.

Feb 4, 2012 at 9:26 AM Post #7 of 8

Quote:
You can always try to remove the foam behind the pads and see if you like it more that way. 

It takes less than a minute and is very easy. Just pull the pads, don't worry they won't break, and the foam comes out with them. 

If you like it that way you can put a piece of your girlfriend's pantyhose to protect them from dust. 

Don't! Or replace it like described here...
 -> bought a used pair -> drivers rattled due to THOUSANDS OF HAIRS ON THE DRIVER... took me 2 hours to remove them all trying not to damage the membrane...

Dec 31, 2012 at 12:22 AM Post #8 of 8
Hey, Do you still have them ? I'm getting some Beyer DT880s 600ohm in the mail, if I think they are too analytical, would you like trading? 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back