HD650+Microphone?
Dec 21, 2005 at 5:41 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Cyrillic

100+ Head-Fier
I play Counter Strike (a video game) online and want to be able to talk into a microphone. I don't want to sacrifice the sound quality of the 650's, though, for a pair of crappy headphones that have a microphone already. Anyone have a recommendation on what to do for a microphone? It would be best if this was somehow attached to my head. Please don't suggest duct tape. :p

Dec 21, 2005 at 7:18 AM Post #3 of 5
I know you want to wear it but I have to ask why have you decided against a desktop microphone. I have a usb mic from logitech and it works wonderful. It works independently from your soundcard so you dont have to worry about it altering the sound at all either.

Dec 21, 2005 at 7:59 AM Post #4 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by Krause
I know you want to wear it but I have to ask why have you decided against a desktop microphone. I have a usb mic from logitech and it works wonderful. It works independently from your soundcard so you dont have to worry about it altering the sound at all either.

Haha! I don't get why people are so picky about sound when it comes to gaming! I have a very nice gaming rig (A64 X2 4400+, A8N32SLI-P, XFX 7800GTX 256MB GDDR3 xtreme, 2Gb DDR400, 2x 200GB SATAII NCQ RAID 0, X-Fi)and when it comes to gaming, I don't pay too much attention to the sound. As long as I am able to tell which way the enemy is coming from and also enjoy good, immersive sound, I am a happy gamer. I definitely wouldn't fuss about the mic changing the quality of the sound; the effect of the mic on the sound is minimal at the very most! Please, get yourself a good desktop mic and plug it into your motherboard input, put on your HD650 and have fun gaming. Stop worrying about the sound quality. HD650 for gaming is a bit of an overkill anyway! Please don't take this personally, I'm just trying to state my view...
biggrin.gif

Dec 21, 2005 at 11:24 AM Post #5 of 5
Sound quality never came into my mind in the sense that you are talking about. When I say "sacrificing sound quality", I mean being forced to put on a pair of headphones that have a mic built in, such as the $50 logitech pair. Anyway, I solved my own problem. If any of you are in the same situation, this looks like a good thing to get:

Zalman Clip on microphone

Only 7.50

Users who are viewing this thread

Back