HD650 headband modification question (HD650, HE60)
Nov 11, 2011 at 6:12 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Jtom94

100+ Head-Fier
Will the top headband padding for the Sennheiser HE60 fit on the HD650 headband?  Or will it not fit? I love my HD650 but the top headband padding is too hard and it puts too much pressure on the top of my head. I had the opportunity to try the HD60 at a meet and they were super comfortable and soft. Anyone have both headphones and does it look like both headband padding are about the same size, dimensions, or measurements? Thanks 

Nov 11, 2011 at 7:28 PM Post #2 of 8
This is from a thread 

"Man, the HE60 looks so cheap and plasticky, and some people complain about the HD800 materials quality. :p
But the sound, wow, the HE60 sounds great.
The pleather outer surface of the headband of my HE60 is peeling off, I've replaced it with an HD650 foam headband part,
it slides right in."

So yes without changing headbands, you should be able to swap the support foam.

Nov 11, 2011 at 7:34 PM Post #3 of 8
From what i read, it looks like the headbands are interchangeable. 

Nov 12, 2011 at 12:39 AM Post #4 of 8
Even better - just replace your HD-650 with a pair of HE-60's with proper amplification and never look back.
biggrin.gif

Nov 12, 2011 at 5:31 AM Post #6 of 8

Quote:
I do most of my work on my computer. So usually I'm using the headphones off a sound card. I really wish there was an alternative to the velour ear pads.

confused.gif
 I thought you were after a headband mod? It sounds like you might be suffering from 'HD650 Clamp-itis'

I find them a little clampy for my bulbous head.

Nov 12, 2011 at 6:32 AM Post #7 of 8
lol, I'm dealing with major issues on multiple fronts with these headphones. The headband cushion is too hard for my head and the ear pad pressure is almost unbearable. I can't really stand to use them for any longer than 2 hours a day. I called Sennheiser and they told me the velour pads were the only options for the HD650. They didn't have any alternatives in leather or any other material. I'm glad there is at least a small modification I can make to the headband cushion that could possibly relieve some of the pressure. I love them but damn, I find myself choosing alternative headphones just to relieve myself of the pain. The motto of these headphones should be...there is no pleasure without pain.

Nov 12, 2011 at 6:53 AM Post #8 of 8

Quote:
lol, I'm having major issues on multiple fronts with these headphones. The headband cushion is too hard for my head and the ear pad pressure is almost unbearable. I can't really stand to use them for any longer than 2 hours a day. I called Sennheiser and they told me the velour pads were the only options for the HD650. They didn't have any alternatives in leather or any other material. I'm glad there is at least a small modification I can make to the headband cushion that could possibly relieve some of the pressure. I love them but damn, I find myself choosing alternative headphones just to relieve myself of the pain. The motto of these headphones should be...there is no pleasure without pain.

Know what you mean, it leads some owners to attempting to stretch the headband to
see if they can relieve some of the clamping, unfortunately there is not much 'give'
or tensile strength in the headband which can create a weak point right in the
middle where it can crack and in some instances ~ snap altogether.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back