HD650 head padding - is this what you call worn?
Apr 8, 2009 at 9:46 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 28

Good Times

Member of the Trade: Krispy Kables
I recently bought a used set. Looking at other sets on the forum, mine look notably flatter!

Time for a replacement head padding, or do they go flat fairly quickly anyway? They feel fine, but if there's more comfort to be had, I'll replace for the minimal cost they are......

Apr 8, 2009 at 10:10 AM Post #2 of 28
If they are second-hand - personally, I would replace the earpads and headband pad as a matter of course.

Hygiene reasons.

Apr 8, 2009 at 10:18 AM Post #4 of 28
Agreed. I find great value in purchasing pre-owned gear, but I have not yet been able to buy pre-owned headphones because of hygiene considerations. We all shed skin cells and hair throughout the day and headphones are clearly great depositories for the same.

Apr 8, 2009 at 10:21 AM Post #5 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by John Willett /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If they are second-hand - personally, I would replace the earpads and headband pad as a matter of course.

Hygiene reasons.

pfft. Just wash them.

Apr 8, 2009 at 10:23 AM Post #6 of 28
I'm reading your replies with them firmly on my head - urgh. Ok done, good suggestion, I was going to wash them thoroughly but will replace both.

Thanks
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 8, 2009 at 11:03 AM Post #8 of 28
I think they gave me cancer in the head!

They've just been in the sink, the water wasn't too brown...

Any comments on the headpad though, should it be that flat? It's like 2mm thick! Might just replace that for now, I didn't realise earpads were $108 (AUD) a pair....

Apr 8, 2009 at 1:08 PM Post #9 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by Good Times /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think they gave me cancer in the head!

They've just been in the sink, the water wasn't too brown...

Any comments on the headpad though, should it be that flat? It's like 2mm thick! Might just replace that for now, I didn't realise earpads were $108 (AUD) a pair....

The headband pad on a new pair (like mine!) are noticeably thicker, so it's true that the foam in yours is probably degraded some and should probably be replaced, if just for comfort reasons.
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 8, 2009 at 3:55 PM Post #11 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by auee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Agreed. I find great value in purchasing pre-owned gear, but I have not yet been able to buy pre-owned headphones because of hygiene considerations. We all shed skin cells and hair throughout the day and headphones are clearly great depositories for the same.

Ehh, howse the bubble working out for you?

Apr 8, 2009 at 4:28 PM Post #12 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by John Willett /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hygiene reasons.

I found out the hard way. Having new pads rocks, get them.
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 8, 2009 at 8:17 PM Post #13 of 28
The earpads are definitely worn.

Hard to tell if the headband pads are worn from that angle.

Apr 8, 2009 at 8:19 PM Post #14 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by auee /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Agreed. I love and do buy pre-owned gear, but not headphones. Don't care if someone doesn't smoke, wear hair products or does not own a pet, they can keep the headphones.
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back