hd650 earpads
Oct 19, 2023 at 7:29 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

magicalmouse

500+ Head-Fier
I know this has been asked many times over the years but there does not seem to be any after-market pads that sound the same as the sennheiser ones and last longer, i seem to be getting through pads every 18 months (more or less daily use for an hour or so) and am looking for ones that sound the same but last longer.

Any ideas as of late 2023?

d

Oct 19, 2023 at 12:06 PM Post #2 of 5
When you say you're going through pads, do you mean they're just looking crappy or are they flattening out or tearing?

Oct 23, 2023 at 12:33 PM Post #4 of 5
What I did was go to AliExpress and ordered four different hd650 type pads so cheap and kept track of the one I liked. Just use the carpet bomb approach risking little money. For durability the best was the Fenstrated lambskin which softened the treble a little but didn't make the bass boomy like solid leather. The upside is the felt like they would last forever since the material didn't crush the foam much while wearing.

Oct 24, 2023 at 3:34 AM Post #5 of 5
What I did was go to AliExpress and ordered four different hd650 type pads so cheap and kept track of the one I liked. Just use the carpet bomb approach risking little money. For durability the best was the Fenstrated lambskin which softened the treble a little but didn't make the bass boomy like solid leather. The upside is the felt like they would last forever since the material didn't crush the foam much while wearing.
Can you give a link to your chosen pads please, thanks

d

Users who are viewing this thread

Back