HD650 Design Question
Jul 11, 2012 at 1:36 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

vysis

New Head-Fier
Does anybody know what the black markings on the metal acoustic dampeners are for?

(please ignore the zoom in of the driver, this was the best photo I could find)

350x450px-LL-a9934a36_metalmarkings.jpeg

Jul 20, 2012 at 8:54 PM Post #3 of 7
I would suspect a more rigid material, almost a frame to support the fabric dampers.

Just a guess, Jim

Sep 14, 2012 at 10:36 PM Post #5 of 7
Quote:
The dampener of the HD650 are metallic though, so it can't be a support material

What would make you think that a metallic fabric could not and would not have supports?  Actually, I would be interested in finding out exactly what material the new silver mesh is - I have only seen in person the original plastic mesh that is in my HD 600.

In reality, the black "markings" are molded plastic beams that are in fact the supporting structure for both the driver and the fabric.  Look at any picture of the other side of the driver and you will see - like right here.

Sep 26, 2012 at 7:24 PM Post #6 of 7
I can confirm for a fact that the material is actually printed or sticked on, it isn't a solid beam of plastic.

I can say this for certain because parts of the black marking on my HD650 have either scratched or worn off (there are breaks between some of the lines). That's actually what prompted this question in the first place.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back