HD650 connector issue
Mar 29, 2006 at 6:00 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

morphine

100+ Head-Fier
So this morning I was listening to them and the sound from the right channel kept going in and out. I found that simply moving the cable a little bit would make the sound either stay in or go completely out. I thought it probably was that simply after years of use the cable connector had come a bit loose so I unplugged the cable from the right channel and then plugged it back in... the problem is that now I hear nothing from the right unless I'm actively pushing on the spade.

Has anyone else encountered this problem? I wonder whether it's a problem with the male or female connector(obviously it'd be easier were it with the male). Any suggestions on how to fix this?

thanks,
m

Btw, I'm using a Silver Dragon cable -> HD650.

Mar 29, 2006 at 6:17 PM Post #3 of 6

morphine

100+ Head-Fier
Just tested with the stock cable and it works fine. Must somehow be the right male connector of the SD cable. Strange because it *looks* exactly the same as the left one.

Also kinda funny how I just conducted an impromptu test of the stock v. SD cable again
smily_headphones1.gif
The difference is not small.

I'll try the switch again to make sure that it is the right male connector... and if it returns the same result, how do I fix this?

thanks!,
m

Mar 29, 2006 at 6:28 PM Post #4 of 6

Bones13

Headphoneus Supremus
If you look in the cables section, I think you find several references to trouble with those cables. I think I remember reading that the solid silver conductor actually breaks at the connector.

Users who are viewing this thread