HD650 cable that's flexible?
Jun 6, 2008 at 5:54 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Illah

1000+ Head-Fier
I've been using a custom cable I built for some time, it sounds really good and in that regard I've been very happy with it...

Custom Sennheiser HD580, HD600, HD650 Headphone Cable

...but it's not very flexible. All the techflex keeps it somewhat rigid, as does the relatively high gauge cabling and teflon jackets. It's kind of a pain to use! So much so that slowly but surely my HD650s have been essentially shelved at this point.

Any other good aftermarket cables that remain flexible? I'm mainly looking for increased clarity & crispness.

Thanks,

--Illah

Jun 6, 2008 at 6:14 PM Post #2 of 4
if you're up for it,

obtain some 24-26awg silver plated copper wire and sleeve with some multifilament (doesn't produce microphonics like techflex) and you're good to go on making your own
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 6, 2008 at 6:18 PM Post #3 of 4
The SAA Equinox cable I have is more flexible than the Moon Audio Black Dragon I also have... but these things are kind of relative. The SAA doesn't feel heavy like lower guage (lower the guage, thicker the cable) cables would. I would also venture a guess that the APS v3 cable is also relatively flexible, it's even got the option of super nylon sleeving.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back