HD650 Buzzing
Feb 6, 2006 at 1:41 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

bjackson

100+ Head-Fier
There is a slight buzz in the right ear whenever a heavy bass note hits in them. It's easily apparent in the right ear to the point when I know if I have them on backwards because of it.

Is there some quick fix, or are they going back to Senn?

Feb 6, 2006 at 1:42 AM Post #2 of 10
Connect the headphones to some other systems and see if the buzzing persists.

If so, you have probably isolated the buzzing to the headphones themselves.

Feb 6, 2006 at 1:42 AM Post #3 of 10
could be a hair. Try lightly blowing through the earcups.

Feb 6, 2006 at 1:59 AM Post #4 of 10
yup, most likely the infamous hair attack.....just pull off the pads and examine the driver, while you are at it, try the de-foam mod
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 6, 2006 at 2:07 AM Post #5 of 10
Also could mean that your source is providing too much juice. What is the source again?

-Angler
580smile.gif

Feb 6, 2006 at 2:27 PM Post #7 of 10
Thanks a bunch. Removing the pads solved the problem and I think I like how it sounds more, but I'll have to experiment more tonight.

Feb 6, 2006 at 2:52 PM Post #8 of 10
Did you try reversing the cables? Changing the right and left channel? That's the easiest way to figure out if it's the source or the driver.

May 25, 2007 at 3:00 AM Post #9 of 10
Meh, I've found the same problem on my pair and I didn't find any hair on it after removing the driver from its enclosure. Are there any other known causes (that can be fixed without getting a driver replacement?) out there?

The buzzing somehow went away after I took off the black film over the drivers, and glued it back on. Weird o_o The bass kinda feels stronger now too, possibly placebo though. (I tried listening to the senns without the film on, and it had less bass than any of my stats, lol)

May 25, 2007 at 7:19 AM Post #10 of 10
Bah, in the end the rattling came back. Funny thing is that when I swapped channels the rattling swapped too, but I also swapped my amp and source to make sure that it wasn't coming from the rest of the chain.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back