HD650 and He400i compared to pre-fazor lcd2?
Dec 18, 2017 at 10:51 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

100+ Head-Fier
Any of you have experience with the HE400i, HD650 and pre-fazor LCD2?

Im considering the LCD2 classic and Im currently happy with the hd600.
Ive returned both hd650 (not enough detail) and 400i (too analytical/dry, slightly fatiguing) in the past.
Hd600 strikes a nice balance between these 2 but the bass performance is big step down from planar bass, also I kind of miss the warm style of the 650.
LCD2 would combine the warm sound of the 650 and the bass ability of the 400i but I worry that the dryness of the 400i could be a trait of planar drivers in general i.e amazing no bull transparency.

Does the LCD2 provide a richness in it mids and bass, akin to the 650, that the 400i lacks or is it just a difference in sound signature between the 2? Can the LCD2 make any recording sound great like the 650?

I do like the 400i mids, they were just a bit recessed, but the bass, while amazingly detailed and linear, feels thin... tried different amps, EQing a midbass hump, shelving down the mids and highs - still lacked the body/impact I wanted.

Dec 18, 2017 at 11:28 AM Post #2 of 8
I prefer the prefazor lcd2 among them. Better bass extension with lusher mids and good amount of treble that never harsh. The lcd2 is a forgiving headphone; thus, everything will sound great with lcd2 like hd650.

Dec 18, 2017 at 12:21 PM Post #5 of 8
Any of you have experience with the HE400i, HD650 and pre-fazor LCD2?

Im considering the LCD2 classic and Im currently happy with the hd600.
Ive returned both hd650 (not enough detail) and 400i (too analytical/dry, slightly fatiguing) in the past.
Hd600 strikes a nice balance between these 2 but the bass performance is big step down from planar bass, also I kind of miss the warm style of the 650.
LCD2 would combine the warm sound of the 650 and the bass ability of the 400i but I worry that the dryness of the 400i could be a trait of planar drivers in general i.e amazing no bull**** transparency.

Does the LCD2 provide a richness in it mids and bass, akin to the 650, that the 400i lacks or is it just a difference in sound signature between the 2? Can the LCD2 make any recording sound great like the 650?

I do like the 400i mids, they were just a bit recessed, but the bass, while amazingly detailed and linear, feels thin... tried different amps, EQing a midbass hump, shelving down the mids and highs - still lacked the body/impact I wanted.

The LCD-2 does indeed provide a richness in the mid-range and bass. Furthermore, it is more controlled, punchy, and extends much more than the 650's bass. There is little-to-no mid-bass hump in the LCD-2 -- it focuses more on the sub-bass. What is even better is that the bass isn't thin like the HE-400i.

The LCD-2 is very forgiving to recordings especially since the treble is well-controlled and doesn't even get close to being harsh.
The LCD-2 is honestly the HD 650 on steroids with added detail and a holographic soundstage. You honestly can't go wrong with it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back