HD650 and Auzentech Bravura
Dec 10, 2011 at 12:55 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Bynming

Head-Fier
Hello guys. So over the last few days I decided to get a pair of new IPS monitors from Dell... I'm already low on funds, and yet today I picked up some HD650's on a whim from Ebay. Now I feel guilty as hell because I've already spent too much, and I really need to tune it down. (But uni's making me depressed and I need a way to feel better!)

Anyway, now that HD650's are on the way, I need to run them properly otherwise it'll feel worse. I need a modest way to run them, at least for a while. I've been told that the Auzentech Bravura will run them decently, which would be great for me since I could hold off and buy an ok AMP/DAC a few months down the line or a better sound card. By "decently" I mean I understand it wouldn't be enough to show me the HD650's true potential, but is it ok?

One of my concerns is that, ever since I got this sound card over a year ago, it "clicks" fairly loudly when a loud sound stops abruptly (error sounds, closing mp3 files - that's mostly it). I'm considering changing it.

I would appreciate some help - some kind of brainstorm perhaps, to help me pick up a sound card or AMP/DAC. What would you guys say my options are?

Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back