HD650 $185.99 ON EBAY!!! NIB!!!
May 10, 2006 at 5:39 AM Post #16 of 73
And I would expect the same to be done to me, if I happened to make a mistake. No particular grudge against anybody, but not much sympathy either. I never said it wasn't something that would go both ways.

I'll try as hard as possible not to make a mistake, but if it happens, and someone capitalizes on it, then tough cookies on me.

May 10, 2006 at 5:42 AM Post #17 of 73
You're deflecting the issue, matey. The question is whether you would expect a seller to "honor" the deal.

It's easy to say that you'd honor the mistake. It is only money after all.

Regards,

-Jason

May 10, 2006 at 5:43 AM Post #18 of 73
Quote:

Originally Posted by plus_c
And I would expect the same to be done to me, if I happened to make a mistake. No particular grudge against anybody, but not much sympathy either. I never said it wasn't something that would go both ways.

I'll try as hard as possible not to make a mistake, but if it happens, and someone capitalizes on it, then tough cookies on me.

Best Buy wouldn't honor something like that. Believe me I was in that exact situation where they had a misprint in the paper and all over their doors they said that it was the incorrect price and too bad for everyone.

-Alex-

May 10, 2006 at 5:44 AM Post #19 of 73
I'd bet in this case since it says the actually price in the subtitle, if some prick gave him negative feedback for not honoring his mistake, hopefully ebay would remove it. But ebay is kinda stupid on the whole feedback thing.

May 10, 2006 at 5:44 AM Post #20 of 73
Quote:

Originally Posted by plus_c
I'm going to disagree. This is why the final review page exists when you list an auction on eBay. If you let a mistake get through that far, the feedback is what's coming to you. If Best Buy made the same mistake, you'd hound them to honor the price no matter what - why are you going to treat an eBay seller any differently? Business transactions are business transactions, no matter the scale of the person on the other end.

remind me never to trade with you

May 10, 2006 at 5:46 AM Post #21 of 73
Wow, that's a $1000 mistake he made. He should have been more careful.

The Best Buy analogy doesn't work because those places always have a clause that says that they don't have to honor typos. This was clearly a typo due to the discrepancy between what is in the title and what is in the listing. However I don't think Ebay sellers have such protection.

Anyhow, this one is going to a tough one to sort out.

May 10, 2006 at 5:56 AM Post #22 of 73
There are always people who are going to want to capitalize on others' mistakes. The fact that this very thread exists bears that fact out. The mistake that I feel people here were looking for was a mistake in the headphones' valuation by the seller, and not a blatant typo. Would you go for it then? Judging from the reactions I got, you would e-mail the seller and apprise him of the "real" valuation of the headphones. But would you...or would you just hit the "Buy It Now" button?

May 10, 2006 at 6:12 AM Post #23 of 73
Quote:

Originally Posted by thespeakerbox
This isn't my listing, i just thought id pass it on to someone here. If i could afford them id buy them already. Hopefully it is a good deal.

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-Sennheiser-H...QQcmdZViewItem

Thats NUTS! He was out by the time I got there but I did buy 2 sets of MX400's for $11.48 shipped. If they sound good, Yay. If not my sister will have some more cans.

May 10, 2006 at 6:14 AM Post #24 of 73
Quote:

Originally Posted by sxr71
Wow, that's a $1000 mistake he made. He should have been more careful.

The Best Buy analogy doesn't work because those places always have a clause that says that they don't have to honor typos. This was clearly a typo due to the discrepancy between what is in the title and what is in the listing. However I don't think Ebay sellers have such protection.

Anyhow, this one is going to a tough one to sort out.

eh, even if he gets 5 negative feedbacks, it'll be well worth not losing 1k

May 10, 2006 at 6:22 AM Post #26 of 73
Sennheiser could be dumping 650's? I've heard the evil rumors about a HD700 in the near future? Really! I'm not starting this myself. I read it somewhere but I cant remember where. They did not say 700, just that a new flagship dynamic was coming soon. I only hope it falls closer to the 515, 555, 595 sound and does not smoke my new 650's out of the gate!

I see the little sub title now. It does look like he messed up big time. Dealer cost cant be less than $250.

May 10, 2006 at 6:54 AM Post #27 of 73
Quote:

Originally Posted by Patrick Wolf
I'd bet in this case since it says the actually price in the subtitle, if some prick gave him negative feedback for not honoring his mistake, hopefully ebay would remove it. But ebay is kinda stupid on the whole feedback thing.

What I don't understand is that non-paying bidders are allowed to leave negative feedback for the seller! My only neg fb on ebay came from a prick non-paying bidder who decided he didn't like me leaving neg fb for him.

I also recently had another non-paying bidder who did leave feedback for me, but POSITIVE feedback. He seemed to forget which transaction we did. So I'm just lucky I didn't get another negative. But what the hey? Why are non-paying bidders allowed to leave feedback at all? So they can screw us twice?

Mike

May 10, 2006 at 7:45 AM Post #28 of 73
Quote:

Originally Posted by mike1127
Why are non-paying bidders allowed to leave feedback at all? So they can screw us twice?

What if they are non-paying because of your error? It's like it is for a reason, although I agree in your case that would be totally lame. Lol@the +ve feedback on a -ve deal, some are so automated.

May 10, 2006 at 7:57 AM Post #29 of 73
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mezevenf
What if they are non-paying because of your error? It's like it is for a reason, although I agree in your case that would be totally lame. Lol@the +ve feedback on a -ve deal, some are so automated.

I even didn't leave neg feedback for the guy just so he wouldn't be tempted to retaliate. Instead he left me pos LOL.

Really, there should no feedback allowed on non-payer bidders if the deal didn't go through for one reason or another. The reason could be either party's fault, although I think most of the time the responsibility is the buyer.. they are the ones that pledge to adhere by the contract when they bid. But if no feedback was allowed at all, that's fine by me.

Mike

May 10, 2006 at 8:58 AM Post #30 of 73
Quote:

Originally Posted by [AK]Zip
If he doesn't honor it don't give him a hard time... Everyone makes mistakes...

-Alex-

I so agree there are to many people with no lives just waiting for some one to make a mistake. I sold on ebay and here and some people can't wait to put me in my place giving the chance. If its off or I say some thing they do not agree with. It seem to me there is so much hate out there they can't wait to jump on some thing. If it gotten into the Headphone world where will it end?????????????????????????????????

Users who are viewing this thread

Back