HD600's non cable mods..
Sep 9, 2003 at 7:22 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

london luke

100+ Head-Fier
Other than changing the foam protecting the speaker.To a thin ladies tights material...what else can be done. heard of bluetack etc been placed inside the headphone...

Anyone ??

Sep 9, 2003 at 9:17 AM Post #2 of 10
I didn't like taking the foamies out of the phones. It threw the equalization off and the phones lost their magic. I think that with good components and cables, the 600's don't need any mods.

Sep 9, 2003 at 1:25 PM Post #3 of 10
Quote:

Originally posted by bifcake
I didn't like taking the foamies out of the phones. It threw the equalization off and the phones lost their magic. I think that with good components and cables, the 600's don't need any mods.

I will agree with that!
600smile.gif

Sep 9, 2003 at 4:56 PM Post #4 of 10
Hope you guys stick to your guns when the HD650 comes out...
wink.gif

Here's a couple of tweaks you might (or might not) want to try. I have not tried them but am considering doing so, as soon as I work up the nerve.

-insert a tiny piece (or pieces) of thin felt (or soft material) between the driver edges and the plastic housing

-layer of damping on inside edge of rear screen, or stuff the area with feathers from an old pillow

-listen without the rear screen

-spray the entire rear area of plastic housing with sprayable rubber, as suggested by wallijohn (not the tweak, but the product)

-try different densities of foam for the padding covering the drivers. This I have tried, and if you use a corser, less dense material (like speaker grill foam), it affects the midrange and top end.

-use your imagination.

Sep 10, 2003 at 2:53 AM Post #7 of 10
Quote:

Originally posted by D-EJ915
spray the entire rear area of plastic housing with sprayable rubber, as suggested by wallijohn (not the tweak, but the product)

wouldn't that void the warranty??

No doubt.

Sep 10, 2003 at 2:56 PM Post #8 of 10
Quote:

Originally posted by D-EJ915

wouldn't that void the warranty??

That's kind of like someone saying "If I have sex, won't that void my virginity?"

Sep 10, 2003 at 4:32 PM Post #10 of 10
bangraman

When I get them i will put the foam back in removing the very thin material . I was always under the impression that this was a major mod that most sgreed was worth doing??

sure its cheap and is easy for me to try... Just wondered why it didnt work for you or others??

cheers

luke

Users who are viewing this thread

Back