HD600's in UK? No longer produced?
May 20, 2002 at 4:24 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

NoDigital

New Head-Fier
I spoke with a RicherSounds branch to see if I could acquire for a colleague a pair of HD600's. It seems their bargin basement price (110 GBP) was a clearance price and the store manager quoted them as being end-of-line from Sennheiser. I've seen HD600's still being sold for 200+ GBP and always wonder if these are just long held stock items as the Richer Sounds price was simply too good to miss.

Does anyone know if there are any cheap sources in the UK for the HD580/590 or 600's???

Thanks

May 20, 2002 at 5:11 PM Post #2 of 3
Assume all of this is about UK market conditions. You can buy them from Jan Meier in Germany for about 150, shipping and VAT should be included. You can find the shop on Head-fi homepage.

May 20, 2002 at 5:34 PM Post #3 of 3
...If that was the Richer Sounds store near Oxford Street, forget it... the worst outlet I've seen...

Further up Oxford Street (between Virgin and HMV is McDonald Electronics... number 70 IIRC) who should stock the HD600 at £120... Their web-page showing this is here

If its not the Oxford Street outlet, there is the one next to the Odeon on Tottenham Court Road, or else next door to (to the right of... if looking straight at) what used to be Ask Electronics (The web link above is from Ask, all part of the same chain of dealers)

Happy hunting
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back