hd600s and Cardas are a sweet combo!
Feb 10, 2008 at 5:04 PM Post #16 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by ktheone /img/forum/go_quote.gif
so you want to let go of the HD600 to get to the HD650?
tongue.gif

im gonna get my hands on a pair of hd650s to see what the hype is about. I had 3 pairs of hd600s and sold off two already so this set is staying right here just cuz it's brand spanking new and i want to see and control how they break in with a new cardas cable.

supposedly the HD600s are truer to the source than the HD650s which lots of people say are just a tad hyped in the lower frequencies which may make them sound better but that's not what im really after.

I know that there's about a million threads on these two cans so I don't want to start that up. As stated the HD600s with the Cardas (not even borken in at all) are a beautiful combo worth listening to.

I had some nice cans in the past ED9s, various GS1ks, HP-1s, various RS-1s (one of which was vintage) and these hold there own quite nicely and more so considering how much it costs to get them compared to the above mentioned.

One thing that I love about them is that they are extremely comfortable and worry free...meaning that I always had to watch how I handled and cared for the other cans simply because they were more expensive or delicate or out of production and rare, where as these Im more like put them on let hear some music.

I aint gonna lie and tell you they sound better than the vintage RS-1s or more balanced than the HP-1s but to me nothing ever did. Dam those were nice headphone
rolleyes.gif
but now we are talking about something special.

Feb 10, 2008 at 5:30 PM Post #17 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by mr. nice /img/forum/go_quote.gif
im gonna get my hands on a pair of hd650s to see what the hype is about. I had 3 pairs of hd600s and sold off two already so this set is staying right here just cuz it's brand spanking new and i want to see and control how they break in with a new cardas cable.

supposedly the HD600s are truer to the source than the HD650s which lots of people say are just a tad hyped in the lower frequencies which may make them sound better but that's not what im really after.

I know that there's about a million threads on these two cans so I don't want to start that up. As stated the HD600s with the Cardas (not even borken in at all) are a beautiful combo worth listening to.

I had some nice cans in the past ED9s, various GS1ks, HP-1s, various RS-1s (one of which was vintage) and these hold there own quite nicely and more so considering how much it costs to get them compared to the above mentioned.

One thing that I love about them is that they are extremely comfortable and worry free...meaning that I always had to watch how I handled and cared for the other cans simply because they were more expensive or delicate or out of production and rare, where as these Im more like put them on let hear some music.

I aint gonna lie and tell you they sound better than the vintage RS-1s or more balanced than the HP-1s but to me nothing ever did. Dam those were nice headphone
rolleyes.gif
but now we are talking about something special.

wow, nice response there...

I'm kinda new to the wonderful (not really for the wallet, though
biggrin.gif
) world of headphones, and although I have read quite a number of threads on how cables improve SQ, I haven't got a chance to try it out for myself.

So, if I want to recable a pair of HD600, which type of cable do you think should be an entry-level one? I mean, which type will bring about a noticable difference and yet the price is quite ok? ($50 seems reasonable for me at this stage)

I will definitely try the Cardas one in the future, so tempting...
eek.gif

Feb 10, 2008 at 5:47 PM Post #18 of 18
supposedly the HD650 cable will do you a bit of justice for now and it's pretty cheap considering. That's what the Sennheiser cats around here say. and remember the Cardas is what I like...there are lots of cables that hook up with the HD600s and are preferred to the Cardas by others especially the equinox which is even more $$$ than the Cardas.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back