HD600 vs, AKG Q 701 vs. Momentum's vs. Audio Technica ATH-900x vs. HE400's.
Nov 17, 2013 at 12:59 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

thisissomebs

100+ Head-Fier
So many choices...

My main music choice is drum and bass music, you know hip hop and electro.

The headphones will be hooked up to my laptop through a Schiit Modi and Magni and what I'm really using them for is audio production, however I'm really in the search for neutral headphones with great, strong bass as well.

Hard huh?

Help a brother out.

Nov 17, 2013 at 1:20 AM Post #2 of 6
  So many choices...
My main music choice is drum and bass music, you know hip hop and electro.
The headphones will be hooked up to my laptop through a Schiit Modi and Magni and what I'm really using them for is audio production, however I'm really in the search for neutral headphones with great, strong bass as well.

I really like my ATH-A900X headphones for music (and movies sometimes), but the A900Xs are not the headphones I would use for audio production.
I think my AKG K550s would be a better choice.

Nov 17, 2013 at 1:26 AM Post #3 of 6
  I really like my ATH-A900X headphones for music (and movies sometimes), but the A900Xs are not the headphones I would use for audio production.
I think my AKG K550s would be a better choice.

These look great what's the bass like on them?

Nov 17, 2013 at 1:41 AM Post #4 of 6

These look great what's the bass like on them?

To me, the bass is just fine the way it is, with the K550s.
I'm not a bass head, I do prefer a balanced and fairly clear sound.
(But I do like AC/DC & the Heavy Metal sound track).

HarmanAudio (AKG) sells refurb K550s with a factory warranty, on eBay, my winning bid was $180.

Nov 17, 2013 at 1:51 AM Post #5 of 6

To me, the bass is just fine the way it is, with the K550s.
I'm not a bass head, I do prefer a balanced and fairly clear sound.
(But I do like AC/DC & the Heavy Metal sound track).

HarmanAudio (AKG) sells refurb K550s with a factory warranty, on eBay, my winning bid was $180.

Man I think I'm actually going to buy these. Just curious though with the other AKG's the Q 701's are they really pretty hard to drive? Do you think a Schiit modi and magni could bring its potential out or nah?

Nov 17, 2013 at 2:00 AM Post #6 of 6
  Man I think I'm actually going to buy these. Just curious though with the other AKG's the Q 701's are they really pretty hard to drive? Do you think a Schiit Modi and Magni could bring its potential out or nah?

The Q701s are a little juice hungry for 62-Ohm headphones, but i would assume the Magni is good enough, better to ask on this link.
http://www.head-fi.org/t/582276/q701-appreciation-thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back