HD600 Still Relevant to me?
Jul 16, 2017 at 6:46 PM Post #16 of 16
Tyll Hertsens of Innerfidelity praises the HD600's mid-range in his review of "The Sonoma Model One Headphone System" which is ranked no. 2 on his over ear open headphones Wall of Fame. This headphone/ Amp/DAC combination is $5,000.00 U.S. The HD600 sells for $250.00 U.S. on average & has been around since 1997.

Quote : "Now it certainly doesn't do some things as well as other headphones. The Audeze LCD series easily bests it in bass response. Though I didn't have it here to compare, I Anwould guess that the Stax SR-009, when well driven by upstream gear, has more nuanced resolve in the treble. And I'd say a pair of Sennheiser HD 600s in a nice rig would best it in mid-range liquidity. (It would best many if not most reference cans there.)"

The last part in brackets : " ... (it would best many if not most reference cans there.)" Hertsens is referring to the other headphones on his Wall of Fame ranging in price from $999.00 - $5,250.00 U.S.

That's how good the HD600 are, & again, considering their sales price. I first bought the HD600 in 2002 & bought a newer pair 2 years ago. I own four pairs of headphones & it's the one I listen to the most. The HD600 is simply one of the best headphones ever produced.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back