HD600 recable question
Nov 9, 2005 at 9:05 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

diablo9

500+ Head-Fier
decided to recable HD600 from the stock cable. But after I cut off the wire from the two connectors, I realized a problem, which one is + and which one is -? I know it's actually AC signal so there is no real + or -, but I kinda remember someone mentioned the two leads of the speaker or phone driver can't be switched around otherwise it sounds funny. anyone here recabled a headphone before? how do you decide which lead goes to which?

I am planning to use Mogami Neglex 2534 which is 4 conductor, 24 AWG, shielded, or ebay silver plated copper insulated by teflon, which is 18 AWG, unshielded. Which one do you think suit the job best?

Suggestion appreciated!!!

Nov 9, 2005 at 10:41 PM Post #2 of 7
Grab your DMM, and set it for continuity testing (resistance works too if you dont have continuity), and look for continuity between the wires and the pins, the larger of the two pins is the ground. Good luck with your cable.

Nov 10, 2005 at 1:37 AM Post #3 of 7
I am not sure if I get what you mean. I might asked the question in wrong way. Here goes:

If I wear the HD600 and have black and red connector inserted, for the black connector, is the "front" pole or the "back" pole the signal? What about the red connector?

Nov 10, 2005 at 2:25 AM Post #4 of 7
I think what cetoole is referring to is that the two pins on each connector are actually different sizes. It may not be something you would notice without looking closely.

Nov 10, 2005 at 2:51 AM Post #6 of 7
thanks for info, that's the cable itself, but after I make the cable, how do I insert it in? which hole on the phone itself is ground/signal? I looked closely but find two hole are the same size?
frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back