HD600 rattling
Apr 16, 2006 at 6:54 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

Kassem

500+ Head-Fier
When any low notes are played through my headphones.. it rattles. Is this the headphones or a crappy amp?

Apr 16, 2006 at 7:14 AM Post #2 of 14
Don't own the 600s but from what I've read on here it is most probably a hair stuck against the driver which needs to be pulled out. Can't help you with opening the headphones as I don't own them.

If that is not the case, then the issue will stem to a warped/misaligned voice coil or a dented/warped diapraghm in which case you will probably want to send that in for repair.

Apr 16, 2006 at 3:30 PM Post #3 of 14
I would check:

-No hair close to the driver
-All the connections are tight, specially the cable to headphone
-If using a portable amp that the batteries are fully charge
-Use a diferent headphone to listen to the passage that makes your HD600 rattle. It may be a poor recording
-If out of an iPod make sure you do not have the equalizer on. It causes distorsion

Good luck.

Apr 16, 2006 at 7:45 PM Post #5 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by PhilS
Check the hair first. It is almost always this. I have had it happen several times. Somehow they just in their way in there.

Yeah but if there is.. how do you get it out?.. I havent wanted to blow on the drivers but.. the grills are pretty large and there is space in between... idk i think it was just crappy bass during this song.. in addition to a 'notsogood' amplifier. I cant wait to get a dedicated one.

Apr 16, 2006 at 7:50 PM Post #6 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kassem
Yeah but if there is.. how do you get it out?.. I havent wanted to blow on the drivers but.. the grills are pretty large and there is space in between... idk i think it was just crappy bass during this song.. in addition to a 'notsogood' amplifier. I cant wait to get a dedicated one.

Take the pads off and the grills and clean them out by hand. You can pull both off by hand.

-Alex-

Apr 17, 2006 at 7:04 AM Post #7 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by [AK]Zip
Take the pads off and the grills and clean them out by hand. You can pull both off by hand.

-Alex-

I never knew you could remove the pads.. is it easy to get them back on?

Apr 17, 2006 at 7:19 AM Post #9 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kassem
I never knew you could remove the pads.. is it easy to get them back on?

Yep... just pull them firmly off. To get 'em back on, align the foam with the earcups and press the earpads back on firmly (being careful that you feel a snap and they're on tightly). Nothing more to it.

Apr 17, 2006 at 6:24 PM Post #12 of 14
woo hoo.. just removed a giant hair from right on the left driver

biggrin.gif

thanks all

Sep 2, 2009 at 12:18 AM Post #13 of 14
So I googled hd600 rattling and this thread popped up. I'd just received my new D10 today and was testing it out with them.

I kept getting a rattling/buzzing while listening. I used another set of headphones and heard none, so I figured it was the hd600's. I looked for hair but didn't see any, then followed the instructions provided in the link for removing the drivers.

That's where the story turns sad. I opened up the drivers and there was no nice bubble like in the picture. The driver was all crinkled and pushed in. I don't know how this could have happened? The driver also had this purple mark that runs completely across it...like with a magic marker. Anyone know what that is?

I blew gently into the driver and it popped back up, but with obvious blemishes on it. I'm listening to them now. The rattling is gone, and they do sound ok, but I'm guessing they aren't working at full capacity.

Gowry

Jan 2, 2016 at 4:04 AM Post #14 of 14
Lol, I literally got my 600's a day ago and managed to somehow get a hair inside already. I was about to send them in for return, but thanks to you guys, I found this thread. I scratched the driver plastic a little bit trying to get it out. Will this have any negative effect? Cause if it does.. i'm gonna go ahead and return them! better safe than sorry

Users who are viewing this thread

Back