HD600 portable DAC/AMP
Jan 14, 2017 at 2:03 AM Post #17 of 22
I received my hd600 and its just great !
Certainly i do NOT need an amp to use it with my laptop.
And for my galaxy note 4 also it is pretty loud but with max volume it doesn't make it paifully loud like it does with the laptop.
But yes there is some jitteriness when you max out the sound and also use the audioplayer on the phone to amp it a bit more, still only with some songs.
But overall i dont need an amplifier antime soon.
Thank you all especially nutric08

Jan 14, 2017 at 3:10 PM Post #19 of 22
And for my galaxy note 4 also it is pretty loud but with max volume it doesn't make it paifully loud like it does with the laptop.
But yes there is some jitteriness when you max out the sound and also use the audioplayer on the phone to amp it a bit more, still only with some songs.

With a decent DAC and amp you will re-discover your headphones. So start savings for the upgrade.

Jan 16, 2017 at 6:41 AM Post #20 of 22
You're very welcome!

Enjoy your new headphone...

Mar 6, 2017 at 12:00 PM Post #21 of 22
Sorry instead of starting a new thread I will give some movement to this one,
Maybe you can help me with this

​Scenario:
1) Have an Asus Essence STX II, on a almost complete silent PC (even under load, finally!!).
2) Have Onkyo  TX-NR737
3) Tomorrow I'm going to receive a Sen HD600

Questions:

1) I guess that the STX II and the Onkyo headpone output, maybe are not the best to feed these babies. Is that correct?

2) I was planning (if the previous sources are crap) to purchase a DAC/AMP combo, as a preference 1 device, should be small,  reach
24-96,  at least 300mW for 300ohms correct???  (or less is fine) , I need stock in USA (I can not import from China).
​It can be portable or preferable desktop.
Money to spend about 300 American dollars.

Ohh man I'm very limited here, it seems that the Schiit stack with the Magni 2 UBER amp is the only choice I have, would take the basic DAC Modi 2 since I would hate to have 2 devices plugged to the wall

You say the Magni 2 UBER amp or the basic Magni 2 is enough to take the juice from the HD600 ??
I like the Jotounheim, but with the DAC is about 500. And maybe it is quite big for the guy is going to bring it to me on his backpack.

Here I have some options found on Amazon.
1) DENON USB-DAC / headphone amplifier Silver DA-300USBS
2) Schiit Stack Magni/Modi 2
3) JDS Labs o2
4) iFi Micro iDSD USB DAC
5) iBasso USB-DAC portable headphone amplifier D2 + Hj Boa
6) Aune X1S 32Bit/384KHz DSD DAC Headphone Amplifier black
7) Pro-Ject Audio - Head Box DS - D/A Converter and Headphone Amp
8) schiit jotunheim​ + DAC module (will try to avoid spending 500, but like the idea of the balanced out)

Any idea, how the Shiit stack sounds with the HD600?

Pls Any other Idea ????

Thanks !!!!!!!!!!

EDIT !!!

Think that maybe
Objective2+ODAC Rev B
Is the balance between Price/Power/SQ/DeviceSize

EDIT 2

Feels good talking to myself :)  
Finally I've purchased the SMSL  M6 !! Will let you know my opinions, when it arrives from China !!

​ 

Dec 29, 2017 at 8:58 PM Post #22 of 22
I have the Creative E1 and I find it a very interesting buy. I got mine for about US$30 and once I used it with a friend's HD600 and they sound much better than straigth from the cellphone. The other nice thing is that the E1 doubles as a sound card and is a nice improvement over the onboard audio of most PCs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back