HD600 one driver closer to the casing than the other?
Sep 30, 2019 at 5:46 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

hatebreed

New Head-Fier
Hi.

Just bought some used HD600s. They sound great and I'm really happy with them although I couldn't help but notice the right side sounds ever so slightly louder.

Anyway I took the pads off to get a look at the drivers. There was some hair and a bit of dust and stuff in there, but no visible damage to either of the drivers.

What I did notice however is that there is a clear difference in how close the driver is to the opening of the casing. The right one in the first picture is much closer than left in the second picture:

http://imgur.com/gallery/GZfL7Yc

Is this normal? It seems strange to me, and possibly the cause of the volume difference I've noticed? Are they adjustable?

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Sep 30, 2019 at 9:17 AM Post #2 of 3
Open the opposite sides and check whether both drivers are properly mounted. Best to check it that way because the easier way ie deliberately shaking them to listen for rattling might damage the conductors inside the driver frame going to where they slot into the socket area if either does start moving.

Sep 30, 2019 at 2:02 PM Post #3 of 3
Open the opposite sides and check whether both drivers are properly mounted. Best to check it that way because the easier way ie deliberately shaking them to listen for rattling might damage the conductors inside the driver frame going to where they slot into the socket area if either does start moving.

Thanks so much. The driver wasn't clipped in properly. Now they're sounding perfectly balanced. Really appreciate the help. Hope you have a great Monday!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back