HD600 in Oz
May 12, 2003 at 8:15 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

silencer

Head-Fier
I have found a place to get the HD600's for $570 AUD is this a good price? Its a mail order company so i wont get to try them out at all. I would also need to buy an amp and cd player to benefit the HD600's can anyone help me I have $1500 AUD MAX to spend.

I'll also be buying an iPod and etymonics 4RP to use with the ipod, hence the $1500 max limit on the amp and CD palyer, preferably i would like to spend less tho.

May 12, 2003 at 8:40 AM Post #2 of 11
Well thats $370 so I think that is a little pricey at least for buying them hear in the states.

If I were you I would hit the FS/FT forum, you should be able to find a better deal there

IMHO

May 12, 2003 at 8:50 AM Post #3 of 11
yeah or contact Jan Meier, great prices and great service.

Edit. Meier Audio

May 12, 2003 at 9:42 AM Post #4 of 11
perhaps consider the beyer dt880's from snufkin (www.headphones.com.au) as well. he also has some amps.

May 12, 2003 at 2:01 PM Post #5 of 11
Quote:

Originally posted by MegaMeee
perhaps consider the beyer dt880's from snufkin (www.headphones.com.au) as well. he also has some amps.

nah dont bother with that site, too expensive.
just go to www.headphone.com and you'll find a good price for em there. cheaper for sure. Nice to see there are a few other aussies on this forum
smily_headphones1.gif

May 13, 2003 at 2:11 AM Post #6 of 11
Quote:

Originally posted by Nights_85
nah dont bother with that site, too expensive.
just go to www.headphone.com and you'll find a good price for em there. cheaper for sure. Nice to see there are a few other aussies on this forum
smily_headphones1.gif

Considering I don't stock the HD600, that's a pretty unusual statement
rolleyes.gif

If you're set on the HD600 you're best getting them from Meier, local Sennheiser prices are just unreasonable.

May 13, 2003 at 12:10 PM Post #7 of 11
nah don't bother with that site, too expensive.

Not quite sure what to make of this. Snufkin's prices are extremely competitive, as anyone who knows the OZ headphone market would know. Maybe Nights_85 can give us an example or two to prove his point (but I doubt it).

May 13, 2003 at 2:36 PM Post #9 of 11
Quote:

Originally posted by Nights_85
not sure what I was thining when I posted that, they still a tad bit mroe expsneive than headroom(including postage to here) but they're not bad.

Sorry Nights, but I actually take a little offense at this misinformation.

Grab yourself a currency converter and check the prices a little more thoroughly.
Don't forget to add freight, which is generally around $30-$40US ($46-$62AU) to Australia. Also don't forget to add import duty (5%), GST (10%) and customs duty to all prices, you might not be charged, but you more than likely will.

May 13, 2003 at 3:06 PM Post #10 of 11
silencer:
I may sell my HD600's depending on my preference with the DT880's.
If you can wait a month or so, then you may pay a lot less than $570 locally
smily_headphones1.gif

Nights_85: snufkin is right in what he is saying. Take the Ety ER4's for eg, $500AU is his price, and i think headroom is US$270 then add shipping US$30 and then add gst(10%) US$30 and import duties (5%) US$15, which brings our total to about $530AUD taken exchange rate from xe.com. Saving of $30AU and time and if you have problems, you only have to send it to perth instead of the USA
smily_headphones1.gif

May 14, 2003 at 9:53 PM Post #11 of 11
Thanks for all the info, I wont be buying just yet as i just bought an iBook (yey) but in a few months when my finances are back up to an acceptable level, I will just have to decide what out of DT880 (looking pretty tempting), HD600 (a pain to get and overpriced) and the ETY's 4 to use with my ipod when i get it. All I have to worry about now is the amp, and possibly a better source.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back