HD600. How to burn in?
Mar 2, 2002 at 3:47 PM Post #2 of 7
Quote:

Originally posted by mmhardky
Just bought HD600. How to burn them in?

Place on head......turn on music source.......enjoy!
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 2, 2002 at 5:42 PM Post #3 of 7
Welcome to team Sennheiser. The answer to your question has already been answered ^. Here are two reinforcements:
Use them for long periods of time @ normal volume
Try to listen to your entire music collection

Mar 2, 2002 at 6:25 PM Post #4 of 7
Still another school of thought, and the method I use: Run them for prolonged periods at well above your normal listening level. (Not while wearing, of course.)

I also loop them on heavy bass material for several hours, the idea being to repeatedly force the drivers into near maximum excursion.

This method seems to improve all the phones I've owned, and in some cases, such as with the W2002s, dramatically.

Mar 2, 2002 at 8:59 PM Post #5 of 7
I've got HD600's and a I ran a Stereophile test disc through it for about 48 hours. I'm not sure it made a bid difference with the Sennheissers, but with Grado's it seemed noticable. HD600's are a tough act to beat. Come on Cardas...

Lextek
cool.gif

Mar 2, 2002 at 11:14 PM Post #6 of 7
If you really want to know the difference between unburned HD600 and burned in HD600, I would just plug them in and enjoy. Over time, the HD600 will burn in and one day you may notice a difference. Of course, it would horrible if you like the sound of a new HD600 better than a burned in HD600.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back