hd600 grills available
Mar 23, 2006 at 4:07 PM Post #16 of 57
The grilles on the outside of the earpieces(650) have been made sturdier; those who have suffered a dented housing on their 600’s will be appreciative.

Quote from Headroom......

Jim

Mar 23, 2006 at 4:35 PM Post #17 of 57
Quote:

Originally Posted by fr4c
I ordered my HD650 cable on 2/13/06.

As of today, I still have not received them. Apparently they are back ordered, and have no idea when they'll be in stock...

Took me more than a month to get my Senn 414 pads from them. Sennheiser's got one of the worst order dealies I've ever dealt with. They even charged my card when they said they wouldn't.

Mar 23, 2006 at 5:07 PM Post #18 of 57
Quote:

Originally Posted by jim580
The grilles on the outside of the earpieces(650) have been made sturdier; those who have suffered a dented housing on their 600’s will be appreciative.

Okay then, buy 2 pairs and have a couple of spares. Still be a lot lot less.

edit - Actually, as they're spare parts, you could order 3.

Mar 23, 2006 at 5:29 PM Post #19 of 57
I think the HD650 grilles downright sucks. While it is strong the silvery paint is easy to scratch off, if there was just one small bubble in the paint, like with mine. Not acceptable. That, and the flaking silver paint headband, i have never stressed it between books, a ball or done it by hand, yet it chips.
icon10.gif

Mar 23, 2006 at 11:03 PM Post #20 of 57
Got my 600 grills on order. Their shipment won't be in untill the end of April (or did she say May)?
Dang, should of payed more attention to what she said instead of he sexy voice.
rolleyes.gif

Does anyone remember which month?
Thanks,
Jim

Mar 24, 2006 at 12:29 AM Post #21 of 57
Quote:

Originally Posted by haibane
What is that supposed to mean?

Quote:

Originally Posted by morphine
Sorry I guess your name is not from where I thought it was from
smily_headphones1.gif

m

I was going to address him as Haibane Renmei before. Far less clever than your question, but just as far off the mark it looks like.

A red bell nut to you for making me laugh.

Mar 24, 2006 at 4:23 AM Post #22 of 57
I ordered some 600 grills to replace the ugly 580 stocks that I have. It was amusing when I called, since the salesman said "There must be some kind of internet posting, because we have received a lot of calls on that item this week." He even asked which site talked about it. I told him about Headfi, I hope that won't have any negative repercusions to the site. If they are making any profit off of the grills, then I think they would only be happy about it.

Oh yeah, and if anyone is planning on ordering, they are already backordered until May, so I suggest getting your order in asap!

Mar 24, 2006 at 4:41 AM Post #23 of 57
IMO Sennheiser should be glad about the extra income from things like HD600 grilles, HD414 pads, etc.

Anyway... is this item discontinued, or not? The word was that the grilles are discontinued.

Mar 24, 2006 at 9:30 AM Post #24 of 57
They took my order for them, so I assume they're back in stock now. I won't believe anything until they're in my hands though.

With so many HD580 owners buying HD600 grills you'd think Sennheiser would get a clue and put metal mesh grills on them. They couldn't cost more than $1-2 dollars more.

Mar 24, 2006 at 10:31 AM Post #25 of 57
Where do you order the parts for sennheiser 650 ?
I m looking for some new pads but i dont see a link on their website.
Or do you have to mail them directly to get new parts?

Mar 24, 2006 at 12:05 PM Post #26 of 57
Quote:

Originally Posted by fewtch
Anyway... is this item discontinued, or not? The word was that the grilles are discontinued.

It would not surprise me to find out that someone at Sennheiser was sorting through some stock and found 500 pairs of grills.
You won't find anymore after the 'phantom 500' are gone.

Apr 14, 2006 at 2:14 PM Post #27 of 57
Well, just placed my order for a pair of 600 grills too. Operator didn't know what I was talking about until I told her the part number.

Won't ship until first week of May though
frown.gif
Wish I knew about it sooner, I'll be on an 16 hour non-stop flight to Manila the end of this month with some ugly stock grills.
mad.gif

May 27, 2006 at 4:10 AM Post #29 of 57
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMarsVolta
Bump

Has anyone tried to order HD600 grills lately?

Everyone's already got the girlls. Now they're buying 580's...
very_evil_smiley.gif

-Angler
etysmile.gif

Jun 1, 2006 at 5:27 PM Post #30 of 57
Just got off the phone with Senn. It looks like the 650 cables are back ordered for 1-2 weeks. The 600 grilles are out and they do not have a ETA on replacements. The 650 grilles are available for the same ~$37 or so and are still special order and 4-6 weeks out.

Not much change from when the thread started it looks like.
frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back