HD600 cable upgrade (NewFantasia 1.5 meter)
Jan 5, 2016 at 2:30 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

theriseoftroy

Head-Fier
Hey hey hey,

I am a producer and just purchased the Sennheiser HD600 for mixing and mastering as it was available for a decent price on amazon. When doing studio work with my DT770s, I find myself constantly running over the chord with the chair at the mixing console. After further research I decided to pick up a shorter aftermarket cable to replace the stock cable included with the headphones. I was looking for some feedback on whether or not the cable I chose was quality. It cost me $24 so if its not great I won't be devastated if it doesn't sound adequate. 

Heres a link to the replacement cable: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00KAMONZG?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00

Any info on this would be great. If not I'll post a short review on the cable once I receive it and give it a listen.

Cheers! 

Troy

Jan 5, 2016 at 6:01 AM Post #2 of 5
if you find the stock cable adequate enough for its purpose, then you should find the new cable to be the same. 

as long as its built quality is up to the same standard, that is,  it's a regular built copper audio cable, it should work just like the stock cable. 

Jan 5, 2016 at 7:22 PM Post #3 of 5
Troy,
   Recently my vintage 1993 HD580s finally died and queued up as beyond economical repair.  These had been tweaked over the years with among other things HD600 grills and HD650 cables.  The length of the factory cables always struck me as sub optimum but I learned to live with them.  But acquiring a new HD600 to replace my dead HD580s opened up additional posibilities.  I ended up with a NewFantasia all black 2m (actually measures 6 feet tip to tip) cable which I'm very pleased with.  The cable itself is thinner even with the braided sheath.  The connector is a 1/4" screw on to a 3.5mm with excellent strain relief.   The Senn plugs seat and work very well although the L and R markings are hard to see and placed on the side facing your face when installed. Most importantly is the sound quality.  I'm not one who finds differences among cables after you move above junk to respectable.  These sound every bit as good as any quality HD600 cable I've heard to include the HD650 one I had been running.
   So if you're looking for an inexpensive solution to cable length, the NewFantasia is an excellent and safe bet. 
   (As an aside I previously posted a positive review on Amazon USA for the 2m black flavor of this cable.)
Bob

Jan 24, 2017 at 2:12 PM Post #4 of 5
Hi All,

I'm thinking of getting the same cable, and am wondering if anyone else can offer their opinions on it?

For reference again, here's the link:
  1. https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B013BYDWDI/ref=pd_lpo_sbs_dp_ss_1?pf_rd_p=1977604502&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B00A2QJNJQ&pf_rd_m=A3DWYIK6Y9EEQB&pf_rd_r=N2FWF2MGCFPERMXXKHEB

Jan 27, 2017 at 6:29 PM Post #5 of 5
I have it on my HD600 and i can tell you for the price it is o.k,it doesn't alter the SQ though.
The 3.5 mm connector is solid with a spring keeping the cable from bending,also the connectors with the pins are very easy to take out from the headphone itself (not like the stock ones which gave me a very hard time).
I like it and i believe that you can't find any better at this price range.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back