HD600 burn in time
Nov 19, 2002 at 12:03 AM Post #16 of 24
I don't think these phones are for me. It's been 50 hours at least and I'm not seeing any great improvement. Is there a sudden change beyond a certain point or does it just gradually burn in? What's the final character of the sound used with a fairly 'pure' amp?

Nov 19, 2002 at 1:34 AM Post #17 of 24
Bangraman,

Mine broke in over about 48 hours, so yours sound broken in, but not to your liking!! Dont' fret it. It the cans don't sound to your liking, sell them off and go with something else. Not every can is for everyone, and it sounds like you prefer the AT sound with it's smooter and more forward midrange.

The sound with a good amp, mine is a Reality, is quite good, but liad back still. My wife constantly called its sound "muffled". I take that as midrange being recessed, and she agrees with me!!

Nov 19, 2002 at 5:34 AM Post #18 of 24
SE, i can almost see the veil on the hd600's. it's like there's a group playing behind a very thin curtain (the type that you can see through. summer curtains.) i remember the sound from a long time ago, and this past weekend i re-heard them at greG's house. that veil is still there.

bangerman, are you SURE you wouldn't rather get akg k1000's? for me, it's only a matter of time. damn the cost! i WANT them
very_evil_smiley.gif
i get a woody just thinking about them.

Nov 19, 2002 at 5:50 AM Post #19 of 24
I still love the sound of the Senn's overall, but have nothing else anywhere near their caliper!! But once I get the new Audio Technica cans, that at will change.

I would love to hear those cans, but could never afford them what with the power requirements to properly power them!!! I am quite happy listening to my little Reality all day long!! I never get tired of listening to this little amp. The sounds are just fabulous when combined with the right set of tubes.

Using my beloved Amperex tubes the mid's pikc up quite a bit, but still aren't there yet!! We'll see soon enough what they can really do!!!!

Nov 19, 2002 at 8:23 AM Post #21 of 24
Quote:

Originally posted by bangraman
OK. Up for sale!

Oh man I can see it coming, there's going to be a whole lot of these Senn 600s going up for sale in the next few weeks!!!! Bangraman's being announced first, mine will be up for sale just after I get some good review time to A/B them against the pair of W1000s I ordered. Maybe we should space these sales out so as to not drive te price down too far!!!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Nov 19, 2002 at 8:29 AM Post #22 of 24
So as not to drive the price down too much? I think I've already done that unfortunately - £85 ($127 at current exchange rates)...
evil_smiley.gif
(condition, you'd be able to sell it as new)

Nov 19, 2002 at 8:32 AM Post #23 of 24
Now THAT'S cheap. I'll wait until yours are sold and long gone before trying to get teh $160 I'll be asking for mine!!!! I bet yours will be gone in the next 12 hours, the only problem being the fact that you're in England and prefer to sell them to another European!! Watch what happens once the PMs start coming in from someone over here across the pond begging for those cans!!!!!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back