HD600+amp or UE10 triple
Aug 22, 2008 at 8:42 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Baroque

New Head-Fier

Default HD600+amp or UE10 triple
I have long been sennheiser px200 user, and I would like bring my hi-fi experience to the next level. As I am a classic music listener and would be using home cd as the music source, I am considering to have HD600 full size headphone plus a moderate amp which is expected to make 80% out of HD600's full potential(cost is still a concern but not portability, as I said I would listen at home)
but recently the small monster UE10 triple gained my attention. I was completely amazing by the reviews they give for it. and although this is tiny when compare to the huge HD600. it cost no less than HD600. and it's very easy to drive,(I don't think amp would help much). considering the total cost. I am little toward the latter solution.
But, what I care most is the sound quality(e.g. how each instrument is located, how the piano really sounds like piano)
It's a hard decision for me, help !!!!

Sep 7, 2008 at 5:24 PM Post #4 of 6
Sorry to deviate from the thread subject but how does sound UE10 in comparison with HD595?

Sep 7, 2008 at 7:51 PM Post #5 of 6
Just remember the Triple-fi pros are in-ear phones. Will never be as comfortable as over-ears for home use. But yeah the Triple-fi pro are great for portability.

Sep 7, 2008 at 8:35 PM Post #6 of 6
Agreed. I have the Triple.fi's and they are great for when your out and about, but nothing can compare to a home setup. I have a friend who has a XCANv8 and HD650's and the only way I can compare the two are, the Triple.fi's are "veiled" in comparison. It depends on you're needs, if you are on the go a lot, go with the Trips, if you are looking for outstanding sound quality and spacial perception go with the HD600's+ Amp, because IMHO you just won't get that from your Triple's. Mind you I love my Triple's, (I run them through a RSA Tomahawk out of my ipod), but they are a different beast from the HD600's, as should they be seeing as they are for different purposes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back