HD600/650's? (with Xin Supermini-3)
Nov 18, 2005 at 12:58 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

jonspanki

Head-Fier
Hi all

I was just wondering if I could ask you all for a bit of advice regarding the Senn HD 600/50’s – I hear so much about them but am unsure whether my current rig is sufficient (or warrants) buying them.

I currently use a pair of Senn HD-25s and a pair of Shure E5s. I mostly listen to RnB/Hip-Hop, Trance, Pop, Rock (love my details, would love some phones with soundstage (one big reason for getting the HD600/HD650), and love my strong deep bass – although not excessive bass!) and a little jazz/instrumental/classical occasionally.

In your opinion, is it worth buying the HD600/650 if I will be running 160kbps/192kbps/256kpbs mp3s from an iAudio i5 mp3 player (much better sounding than the iPod mini that I previously owned), through a Xin SuperMini-3 amp (that is now on the way)?

Any users out there running a pair of HD600/650's through a SuperMini-3 that can offer some feedback?

In other words, is it worth buying the HD600/650 if i don't have a top-dollar/high end home hifi system? Will this setup be sufficient to power the headphones and make the purchase worthwhile?

The phones will also be used to practice with electronic drums – the signal from the drums will be put through the Xin SuperMicro-3 amp, then connected to the headphones. The drums have pretty pristine sound quality (used for recordings and the like) - so I guess there's one good sounding source which would be able to take advantage of.

What do you think? Thanks again for your time and help with my queries. I would demo the HD600/650 but have not found any stores around Melbourne that let people demo these phones!

Regardless, the Supermini is on order and it should rock my E5's and HD25's
smily_headphones1.gif

Thanks!

Jonathan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back