HD598 with magni 3 and modi 2 Uber Xbox
Nov 17, 2017 at 1:16 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Thatonekidgr

New Head-Fier
I recently purchased the magni 3+modi 2 Uber in use with my HD598 for gaming on my Xbox One. I bought an RCA interconnecter to connect both devices and an optical cable to connect from the dac to the console and have an issue because neither the dac nor the amp have an aux in. I have a V-Moda Boom pro mic and the y splitters that connect to my old mix amp but is there any way of connecting any mic to my dac, amp or controller; do I have any viable options?

Last edited:
Nov 17, 2017 at 2:30 AM Post #2 of 8
Does the xBox One console itself, come with a line-input (mic) jack?
(it might be a 3.5mm input jack)

Edit.
A USB (ADC) adapter, with a USB plug on one end and a line-input jack on the other end.

Last edited:
Nov 17, 2017 at 3:14 AM Post #3 of 8
Okay so it has an IR OUT, an optical, 2 USB ports and an S/PDIF. I have a chat stereo headset adapter connected to my controller with the v-mods boom pro mic connected to the stereo adapter but no way of connected them to the amp or dac

Nov 17, 2017 at 3:23 AM Post #5 of 8
I’m also getting a static sizzling sound when I run bitstream out and as the optical audio and using Dolby digital as the bitsream format, the only time the sound is normal is when I’m using stereo uncompressed as the optical audio, I also purchased dolby atmos doubt that makes a difference.

Nov 30, 2017 at 12:43 AM Post #7 of 8
To use the mic you will need to use the Xbox controller's headphone out (which means no Modi). Use a TRRS splitter from the controller, and for the headphone out a 3.5mm to RCA-in to the Magni 3. Then the mic goes in the mic port of the splitter. The Xbox does not let you use the USB interface for a mic except for certain specific licensed products AFAIK. This is sub-optimal solution and I would not recommend it, and you're missing out on your Modi, so I'd advise just ditching the mic unless you need it. Then just use the optical out as you normally would.

Dolby bitstream is for devices that can decode Dolby Digital (for surround). Don't use it. Since you bought Atmos, select "headset" in your audio options and use Dolby Atmos for optical out. This will feed Atmos to the Modi/Magni3.

Personally, when I need a mic (which is mostly never) I just have a spare TRRS compatible headset lying around.

Last edited:
Dec 8, 2017 at 2:28 PM Post #8 of 8
Turtle Beach makes a usb desktop mic (Model = "Stream Mic") that works for PS4 & XBOX one. It would allow you to have a mic & use your modi & magni via optical. I am using this mic and optical out to my stereo receiver.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back